|“||Ability now increases attack speed and pops by 100% for all Monkeys for 20 seconds.||”|
Homeland Defense is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Village in BTD6. It allows the ability to increase attack speed and pops of ALL towers on screen by +100% for 20 seconds, as opposed to the local +50% attack speed and pierce bonus from the Call To Arms ability. The cooldown stays the same at 60 seconds.
It costs $34,000 on Easy, $40,000 on Medium, $43,200 on Hard, and $48,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Homeland Defense is quite a formidable support tower due to its solid 100% buff to attack speed and pierce. Its global effect, means that it works well even with multiple towers requiring buffs.
The inconvenience of using Homeland Defense comes from it being a huge part of your budget but not being active 1/3 of the time. Compared to Permanent Brew, Homeland Defense lacks in uptime and its more damage-oriented buff, but Permanent Brew's benefits outweigh Homeland Defense's benefits for most towers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Homeland Defense deserves a mention for its attack speed buff, which means that it is an excellent Freeplay tower and one of the few places where it shines.
- Homeland Defense is sometimes used in 2MPC to buff the tower without stealing pops.
- Homeland Defense has a unique synergy with Sentry Paragon, because it both doubles their spawn rate and attack speed.
- This strategy remains largely unexplored due to both towers generally being difficult to use.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Homeland Defense ability duration increased (15s --> 20s)
Homeland Defense ability attack speed and pierce bonus increased (+50% --> +100%)
Description updated to reflect new ability duration.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This does NOT stack with Call To Arms. Instead, it overlaps any active Call to Arms, thereby cancelling them out until Homeland Defense ability expires or Homeland Defense is sold.
- Homeland Defense's ability cannot be reactivated until it expires, unlike Call to Arms, where multiple can be activated at once.
- Between Version 9.0 and 18.0, the old description was "Ability affects ALL Monkeys and for 20 seconds." but was since changed to clarify the boosted ability bonuses.
- Homeland Defense's ability activation is almost identical to the Call To Arms, but the final drum tone is much higher.