|“||Ability now increases attack speed and pops by 100% for all Monkeys for 20 seconds.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Homeland Defense is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Village in BTD6. It allows the ability to increase attack speed and pops of ALL towers on screen by +100% for 20 seconds, as opposed to the local +50% attack speed and pierce bonus from the Call To Arms ability. The cooldown stays the same at 45 seconds.
Homeland Defense is quite a formidable support tower due to its solid 100% buff to attack speed and pierce. Its global effect allows it to work well even with multiple towers requiring buffs.
The inconvenience of using Homeland Defense comes from it being a huge part of the player's budget but not being active 44% of the time. Compared to Permanent Brew, Homeland Defense lacks in uptime and its more damage-oriented buff, but Permanent Brew's benefits outweigh Homeland Defense's benefits for most towers. In addition, Homeland Defense synergizes well with towers dependent on Sub-Towers, whereas Alch buffs have little to no benefit for sub-towers.
- This does NOT stack with Call To Arms. Instead, it overlaps any active Call to Arms, thereby cancelling them out until Homeland Defense ability expires or Homeland Defense is sold.
- Homeland Defense deserves a mention for its attack speed buff, which means that it is an excellent Freeplay tower and one of the few places where it shines.
- Homeland Defense is sometimes used in 2MPC to buff the tower without stealing pops.
- Homeland Defense has a unique synergy with Sentry Champion, because it both doubles their spawn rate and attack speed.
- This strategy remains largely unexplored due to both towers generally being difficult to use.
- Placement for Homeland Defense is not too important, but try placing it in range of as many towers as possible. If multiple Call To Arms are within range of many towers on screen specifically for uptime purposes, placing a Homeland Defense in an awkward spot will suffice.
- Crosspathing does not matter very much for Homeland Defense, as its ability is not at all affected by crosspaths, unlike Call To Arms which relies on its base range to provide the rallying buff. But generally speaking, a 2-5-0 Homeland Defense is better than 0-5-2, as adding Jungle Drums can further increase attack speed of nearby towers.
When activating Homeland Defense Ability:
- [Synchronized drum hitting and sword drawing]
- Homeland Defense's ability cannot be reactivated until it expires, unlike Call to Arms, where multiple can be activated at once.
- Between Version 9.0 and 18.0, the old description was "Ability affects ALL Monkeys and for 20 seconds." but was since changed to clarify the boosted ability bonuses.
- Homeland Defense's ability activation sound effect is almost identical to the Call To Arms, but the final drum tone is much higher.
- It is one of the two abilities that create a flash effect when activated, with the other one is Tsar Bomba.