Heroes are a new addition, added in Bloons TD 6. They are a series of very powerful towers that have unique attacks and activated abilities. The player may choose one of these heroes for every game. Only one type of hero and, currently, one hero only may be placed on the track per game; the sole exception is Co-Op Mode, where each player may place their own selected hero on the map, though Hero XP is split among each player.
Using Heroes[edit | edit source]
Unlike normal towers, only one hero can be placed on the track for each game and automatically gaining XP needed to upgrade itself, making them more useful the earlier they are placed. XP gain can be increased or decreased by outside factors, such as Energizer.
However, they can also be upgraded instantly for a sum of in-game cash. The more EXP a hero already has, the lower the amount of cash required to upgrade the hero to the next level. Spending money to level your hero also increases sell price.
Each hero has multiple abilities (all have two with the exception of Ezili and Adora, who both have three) that can be used in your advantage. The first ability is unlocked at level 3, and the second ability is unlocked at level 10; for both Ezili and Adora, they gain their third ability at Level 7. The highest level a hero can be is 20.
Hero Levelling[edit | edit source]
Heroes require a set amount of XP per level (see BTD6 Heroes XP). For most purposes, the amount of money needed for an upgrade is the amount of XP required. Heroes gain XP at the end of the round by the same formula as towers (see BTD6 Towers XP).
- All heroes have a specific XP ratio. Heroes with a higher XP ratio require more XP to level up and therefore level up slower.
- Energizer is the only tower that increases leveling speed.
- There is Monkey Knowledge that affects hero leveling speed.
- As maps usually do for player and tower XP, they increase the XP earned for heroes by 10% for each track difficulty above beginner.
The Heroes[edit | edit source]
There are currently 11 heroes in BTD6, with new ones occasionally being added in new updates. The current heroes are as follows:
|“||Proud, strong and intelligent, Quincy uses his bow to perform feats of amazing skill.||”|
Storm of Arrows
|“||Gwendolin believes there hasn't yet been a Bloon problem that can't be solved with fire. Lots of fire.||”|
|“||Striker Jones is a strong Commander who uses his knowledge of long range combat to greatly boost the power of explosives.||”|
|“||Commanding powers of nature, Obyn can shoot through solid obstacles with his spirit wolf attack.||”|
Wall of Trees
|“||In his armored tank, the Captain is a no-nonsense powerhouse on the battlefield.||”|
|“||Using his elite hacking skills, Benjamin can create extra money for the cause.||”|
|“||Ezili is a wielder of dark arts and manipulator of Bloons. Beware.||”|
|“||Pat is a huge monkey of enormous strength. His unique size and power is a great asset in the war on Bloons.||”|
|“||Adora's devotion compels her to strike Bloons down with furious vengeance.||”|
Ball of Light
|“||Command all your water-based Monkeys to decisive victory. Requires water to place.||”|
|“||This high-tech hero can pursue the Bloons wherever they go with his remote-controlled drone.||”|
They can be found on the official Bloons TD 6 website in the Heroes and Wallpapers sections.
Hero Skins[edit | edit source]
For 2500, the player can buy skins to change the voice of the hero and the appearance of the hero and its attacks. These are purely cosmetics and grant no in-game advantages. These are the skins currently in the game:
- Wolfpack Quincy skin (Quincy)
- Cyber Quincy skin (Quincy)
- Scientist Gwendolin skin (Gwendolin)
- Harlegwen skin (Gwendolin)
- Biker Bones skin (Striker Jones)
- Octojones skin (Striker Jones)
- Ocean Guardian skin (Obyn Greenfoot)
- Joan of Arc Adora skin (Adora)
- Sentai Churchill skin (Captain Churchill)
- Benjammin DJ skin (Benjamin)
- Smudge Catt skin (Ezili)
- Fusty the Snowman skin (Pat Fusty)
- Dread Pirate Brickell skin (Admiral Brickell)
- Mountain Guardian skin (Obyn Greenfoot)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Hero Icons[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Pat Fusty, Gwendolin, Quincy (in his Cyber Quincy skin), Ezili and Etienne are the only heroes that call out a B.A.D. by its name.
- Among all the heroes that call out a M.O.A.B. by its name, Striker Jones and Etienne say 'M-O-A-B', while all other heroes pronounce MOAB as 'Mow-AHB'.
- Heroes say different voice lines when wearing an alternate skin.
- Pat Fusty has the shortest range of all of the heroes.
- Adora has the longest range of any hero when her Long Arm of Light ability is active.
See Also[edit | edit source]