|“||Heavy shells do extra damage to Ceramic, Lead, all Fortified Bloons, and all stunned bloons. Can also pop Black Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description as of Version 17.0|
Heavy Shells is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It allows the mortar to pop black bloons as well as deal +1 damage to all Fortified, +1 damage to all Leads (including DDTs), +3 damage to Ceramic Bloons, +1 damage to MOAB-class, and +2 damage to stunned bloons.
It costs $765 on Easy, $900 on Medium, $970 on Hard, and $1,080 on Impoppable.
- Since Burny Stuff no longer can apply napalm onto Black Bloons without MIB support, Heavy Shells is a must-need if wanting to pop Black Bloons with a Mortar Monkey.
- This is a rather low-cost upgrade that can be used to reliably break down early Ceramic Bloons into easy-to-pop chunks.
- There are certain attacks that can stun bloons, which in turn will trigger the extra damage to stunned bloons from Heavy Shells.
Heavy Shells with Burny Stuff will now (correctly) add Burny Stuff to Black Bloons.
Heavy Shells now deals +1 damage to MOAB-class.
Heavy Shells now deals +2 damage to stunned bloons
- There is used to be a bug where a 0/3/2 Mortar Monkey could not apply napalm to Black Bloons despite the Heavy Shells upgrade allowing to pop Black Bloons. This was fixed on Version 7.0; Black Bloons popped by a 0/3/2 Mortar Monkey will now turn into Pink Bloons with the Burny Stuff effect instead of without the Burny Stuff effect.
- Heavy Shells changes the Mortar Monkey's activation process into pressing a button on a special handheld remote instead of a ground-level lever.
- Prior to Version 17.0, the description was "Heavy shells do extra damage to Ceramic, Lead, and all Fortified Bloons. Can also pop Black Bloons." but was changed because of the added bonus stunned bloon damage mechanic.