|“||Heavy duty bombs can smash through 2 layers of Bloon at once and pop more Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Heavy Bombs is the second upgrade of Path 1 for the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. It allows the Bomb Shooter to pop through two layers of bloons per explosion. It now adds +10 pierce, for up to 30 bloons per shot, unlike upgrade Bigger Bombs.
It costs $550 on Easy, $650 on Medium, $700 on Hard, $780 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Heavy Bombs is an upgrade that increases damage for the Bomb Shooter, and increases the maximum number of bloons each explosion can affect. Combined with the practically double damage for most Bomb Shooter upgrades (except MOAB Maulers and their later upgrades, and Bomb Blitz), the extra pierce allows for better combat versus hyperdense rounds. This upgrade has greatest effect for Cluster Bombs, as all its explosions including secondary explosions gain a significant boost to damage and pierce.
An interesting side effect with this upgrade allows a Bomb Shooter to be significantly better against Rainbow Bloons, as it allows its explosion to pop the rainbow layer on top the two layers of the children Zebra bloons, opening up potential damage to the White Bloons where a normal Bomb Shooter would still be stuck with the Zebra layer's explosive resistance.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Generally speaking, this upgrade should be bought in combination with upgrades, in order to optimize the Bomb Shooter's attacks. Heavy Bombs is generally the better crosspath upgrade for Cluster Bombs and Recursive Cluster. Heavy Bombs does not improve Frag Bombs attacks, however, but okay with Missile Launcher.
- Heavy Bombs can be added to MOAB Maulers for the extra pierce, to handle hyperdense rounds like Round 98 a bit more effectively. However, MOAB Maulers with Bigger Bombs already gain a sizable amount of pierce, not to mention that it is far cheaper when paired with Primary Mentoring.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Heavy Bombs now increases pierce by a further +10, for an overall pierce of 30 instead of 28.
- Heavy Bombs price reduced from $800 to $650
- Description changed from "Heavy duty bombs can smash through 2 layers of Bloon at once." to "Heavy duty bombs can smash through 2 layers of Bloon at once and pop more Bloons."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Heavy Bombs upgrade icon shows a lead pound weight bomb.
- The Heavy Bombs artwork changes its wheels to iron and adds another red stripe on its body.