|“||Attacks convert Regrow Bloons into normal Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
It costs $295 on Easy, $350 on Medium, $380 on Hard and $420 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Heart of Oak's specialization is to counter Regrow properties, specifically stripping off Regrow properties to fill this role.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A Monkey Knowledge upgrade named Warm Oak reduces the price of this upgrade by $100. Note that this applies after difficulty price multipliers.
- The same Monkey Knowledge can be used to make it easier to farm with Jungle's Bounty Druids.
- As a crosspath, this upgrade is largely ignored because the Druid's removal of the Regrow property tends to not be very impactful.
- Heart of Oak thorns can remove regrow from Regrow Leads even if the thorns themselves cannot pop them. This may be useful in specific challenges.
- If utilizing the degrowth properties of Heart of Oak, add Heart of Thunder as a crosspath, to allow the high-pierce lightning bolts to strip off Regrow Bloon properties.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Heart of Oak now allows all attacks to degrow Regrow Bloons, not just thorns.
Heart of Oak no longer removes Regrow from bloons not damaged
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Heart of Oak, similar to Counter-Espionage and Perishing Potions, removes one specific bloon property type from bloons.
- Coincidentally, all of these upgrades come from Magic Monkeys as the 2nd upgrade of their 2nd path (Druid, Ninja, Alchemist, in the respective order).
- Version 18.0 added a secret undocumented buff that allows all attacks including thorns to degrow Regrow Bloons. The description was changed from "Thorns convert Regrow Bloons into normal Bloons." to the current description to accomodate these changes.
- This change has also made the 2TC combo Superstorm + Sky Shredder possible, which allows Round 61 to be possible with just a 3-2-0 Druid. This was shown on the official r/btd6 subreddit. Link.
- This buff was not at all mentioned in the Version 18.0 patch notes. It was, however, officially mentioned in the Version 19.0 patch notes.
- There was a challenge in the Advanced Challenges of Daily Challenges that showcased the Heart of Oak's on-hit de-Regrow property prior to the Version 22.0 nerf that no longer allows this interaction.