|“||Magic shots seek out the Bloons, even behind cover.||”|
Guided Magic is the first upgrade of Path 1 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Wizard Monkey magic bolts to home in on bloons and bypass Line of Sight restrictions. It also increases overall projectile lifespan to account for the seeking.
It costs $125 on Easy, $150 on Medium, $160 on Hard, and $180 on Impoppable.
The Wizard's hat turns to blue from black, excluding the designs on its hat. In its artwork, its magic bolt is blue, but in-game, the colour of its projectile remains purple.
- Currently, Guided Magic affects the main Wizard bolt, Wall of Fire, and Undead Bloons only. It has no effect on any other attacks gained by any Wizard such as Dragon's Breath.
- The top path Wizard is overall an excellent tower on maps such as Hedge or High Finance with Line of Sight blockers due to this upgrade granting the ability to bypass the obstacles.
- It is possible that crosspathing with Intense Magic makes this tower worse, as the increased projectile speed means that its seeking curve is much larger and generally more undesirable.
- As of the Version 7.0 update, which decreases the base cost of the Wizard Monkey down to $450 on Medium, one 1-0-0 Wizard Monkey can be afforded on most difficulties with up to $650, except Impoppable Mode (unless with Monkey Knowledge "More Cash") and Half Cash.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Guided Magic now allows magic bolts to bypass through Line of Sight restrictions
Guided Magic now allows Walls of Fire to ignore walls
Guided Magic now allows Walls of Fire to specifically target at certain locations via target priority if bloons are within range
Main bolt has more pierce (2 --> 3, from base Wizard buff)
- This upgrade is possibly inspired by the Tier 3 Mage Spire in BTD5.