|“||Magic shots seek out the Bloons, even behind cover.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Guided Magic is the first upgrade of Path 1 for the Wizard Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Wizard Monkey magic bolts to home in on bloons and bypass Line of Sight restrictions. It also increases overall projectile lifespan to account for the seeking. Certain alternate attacks are also affected by this crosspath, but interact with this crosspath in very different ways.
Guided Magic can affect crosspaths that grant other magical spells. Of the ones that grant ignorance of Line of Sight, Fireballs and Wall of Fire blazes with this crosspath can pass through walls, and Dragon's Breath flames can too. As for lifespan, Dragon's Breath flames last 100% longer and Undead Bloons from Necromancer: Unpopped Army and Prince of Darkness last substantially longer. Wall of Fire blazes with Guided Magic also dynamically adjust position according to target priority if bloons are within range.
The Wizard's hat changes from black to blue, excluding the designs on its hat. In its artwork, its magic bolt is blue, but in-game, the colour of its projectile remains purple.
Guided Magic improves accuracy of many attacks in various different ways. Being able to let the bolts and lower-tier fire attacks ignore Line of Sight helps with the Wizard on maps with many obstacles. Plus, the seeking for its bolt makes it viable at catching quicker bloons and cleaning up any stray bloons. As for the Dragon's Breath attack, which adds just extra lifespan, it does help flames reach further, but generally doesn't do much assistance overall.
- Currently, Guided Magic affects nearly all attacks launched by Wizard, including the main Wizard bolt, Fireball, Wall of Fire, Dragon's Breath, and Shimmer. It also has the unique interactions of doubling Dragon's Breath's lifespan from 0.4s to 0.8s, and increasing Necromancer and Prince of Darkness zombie lifespan by 75 units.
- The top path Wizard is overall an excellent tower on maps with Line of Sight blockers such as Hedge or High Finance due to this upgrade granting the ability to bypass the obstacles.
- Crosspathing with Intense Magic can potentially makes this tower worse, as the increased projectile speed means that its seeking curve is much larger and generally more undesirable.
- As of the Version 7.0 update, which decreases the base cost of the Wizard Monkey down to $450 on Medium, one 1-0-0 Wizard Monkey can be afforded on most difficulties with up to $650, except Impoppable Mode (unless with Monkey Knowledge "More Cash") and Half Cash. It becomes even more affordable since Version 21.0, with the base Wizard price cut by $50 on Medium.
- Due to its cheap price, even if the player does not need the bypassing of line of sight, the player can still purchase this upgrade as a cheap stepping stone for the higher tiers for this path. (It's like Grow Blocker into Radar Scanner for the village).
- This upgrade is possibly inspired by the Tier 3 Mage Spire in BTD5.