|“||Magic shots seek out the Bloons, even behind cover.||”|
Guided Magic is the first upgrade of Path 1 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Wizard Monkey magic bolts to home in on bloons and bypass Line of Sight restrictions. It also increases overall projectile lifespan to account for the seeking. Certain alternate attacks are also affected by this crosspath, but interact with this crosspath in very different ways.
The Wizard's hat changes from black to blue, excluding the designs on its hat. In its artwork, its magic bolt is blue, but in-game, the colour of its projectile remains purple.
- Currently, Guided Magic affects the main Wizard bolt, Fireball, Wall of Fire, and Undead Bloons only. It has no effect on any other attacks gained by any Wizard such as Dragon's Breath or Shimmer, although for the Dragon's Breath it provides increased lifespan instead of bypassing of Line of Sight restrictions.
- The top path Wizard is overall an excellent tower on maps with Line of Sight blockers such as Hedge or High Finance due to this upgrade granting the ability to bypass the obstacles.
- It is possible that crosspathing with Intense Magic makes this tower worse, as the increased projectile speed means that its seeking curve is much larger and generally more undesirable.
- As of the Version 7.0 update, which decreases the base cost of the Wizard Monkey down to $450 on Medium, one 1-0-0 Wizard Monkey can be afforded on most difficulties with up to $650, except Impoppable Mode (unless with Monkey Knowledge "More Cash") and Half Cash. It becomes even more affordable since Version 21.0, with the base Wizard price cut by $50 on Medium.
- Since it is also so cheap, even if you don't need the bypassing of line of sight, you can still purchase this upgrade as a cheap stepping stone for the higher tiers for this path. (It's like Grow Blocker into Radar Scanner for the village).
- This upgrade is possibly inspired by the Tier 3 Mage Spire in BTD5.