|“||Sprays out a blast of 4 sharp grapes for additional poppage.||”|
|~ BMC description|
Grape Shot is an upgrade for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD4, BTD5, and BTD6. Throughout all games, it adds a volley of deadly sharpened grapes to the attack. The popping power and number of grapes launched different across the various games it has appeared in; in BTD5, grapes pop 2 bloons per grape, while in BTD6, grapes pop 1 bloon per grape, though in both games they were more expensive than in BTD4.
Bloons TD 4
Grape Shot (BTD4-BTD5) is the 1st upgrade for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD4. It allows the Monkey Buccaneer to shoot a volley of grapes alongside its main dart attack. It costs $tba on Easy, $300 on Medium, and $325 on Hard.
This will add an independent volley of grapes alongside its main dart attacks. These grapes will pop 1 bloon per attack.
The boat of the Monkey Buccaneer will become elongated with three cannons on both ends of the boat. The grapes shot from the Buccaneer are green with eyes on them, appearing more like olives than grapes.
Bloons TD 5
Grape Shot is the 1st upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD5. It allows the Monkey Buccaneer to shoot a volley of four grapes alongside its main dart attack. It costs $425 on Easy, $500 on Medium, $540 on Hard, and $600 on Impoppable.
Grape Shot allows the Monkey Buccaneer to shoot a volley of four grapes alongside its main dart attack. These grape shots are independent attacks that shoot sequentially after each dart attack.
Initially, when upgraded to just Grape Shot, the Monkey Buccaneer will be carrying grapes on its ship. When upgraded to Faster Shooting, it will have both the pirate flag and the grapes. Upgrading to any Tier-2 upgrade will lose the grape storage visuals, though this will not lose the Grape Shot upgrade function.
- This upgrade helps the Monkey Buccaneer immensely when bloons are spaced out, as the darts have a tendency to miss some bloons.
- This upgrade works very well when the bloons are close to the Monkey Buccaneer.
- The target "close" is therefore effective for Grape Shot Buccaneers.
- This upgrade is better than buying 4 separate Dart Monkeys as Grape Shot is cheaper.
- However, the grapes do not independently target bloons as four Dart Monkeys would.
Version History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)
Grape Shot is a powerful upgrade for the early-game, particularly against Grouped Reds. Placing multiple 0/1 Buccaneers are very effective against Grouped Bloons up to Round 10. Placing a single 1/1 Buccaneer can solo against Spaced Pinks if placed effectively, while placing multiple 1/1 Buccaneers are effective against early spaced rushes. However, the Version 4.3 buff to the base cost of the Buccaneer made Grape Shot a little too easy to afford, so it was nerfed to the "normal" price of $1000 for a 0/1 Buccaneer ($450 for base tower and $550 for Grape Shot).
Grape Shot price increased ($500 --> $550)
Bloons TD 6
For more information, see Grape Shot (BTD6)
- In BTD5, the grapes are purple, whereas in BTD4 the grapes are green. This is purely an aesthetic change.
- In BTD4, the grapes have eyes but the grapes in BTD5 don't.
- In a 2013 update, all grapes now pop 2 bloons each instead of 1. This is why the Grape Shot price had risen from $300 to the current $500 cost today.
- In BTD4, when purchasing the Grape Shot, the Monkey Buccaneer gets 2 more cannons. However, in BTD5, there are no added cannons to the Monkey Buccaneer; instead, the Buccaneer gains a pile of grapes in front of the ship captain.
- The grapes in BTD4 more resemble olives than grapes.