|“||Glue Strike Ability: Glues all bloons on screen.||”|
|~ BTD5 Description|
Glue Striker is the final upgrade of the path 2 for the Glue Gunner in BTD5 (and games using BTD5-gen mechanics) and fourth upgrade of path 2 in BTD6. It unlocks the Glue Striker Ability, which when used causes glue to rain down all over the screen, gluing all non M.O.A.B. class bloons on screen for a short time.
The cooldown is 30 seconds in both BTD5 and BTD6, and the ability lasts roughly 2 seconds.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 Mobile[edit | edit source]
Glue Striker slows bloons down to 50% instead of 30%.
Glue Striker no longer plays the squirt sound when the ability is activated.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)[edit | edit source]
Glue Striker price decreased ($5500 → $4000).
Glue Striker price decreased ($4000 → $2500).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
BTD5[edit | edit source]
- In an update on the 24th of March 2012, the Ninja Kiwi team felt that this upgrade was "less awesome than it should be" and buffed the tower so that bloons are slowed to 30% instead of the normal 50% with this upgrade. This did not carry over to the mobile versions of BTD.
- When stacked with the Tier 2/4 Glue Specialty Building, Glue Hose will slow to 20/5% speed respectively. Owning the Tier 4 Glue Supply Depot will make bloons move so slowly that a Pink Bloon glued by Glue Striker will become slower than a Z.O.M.G.
- The glue from the ability falls in a similar way to the Mortar Tower's Pop and Awe Ability.
- A Glue Gunner with this Ability looks to have the same clothes as the Mortar Tower's Monkey with The Big One upgrade, but the Glue Striker's clothes is protecting the monkey from glue and not from radioactive mortar shells.
- The Glue Striker Ability is the only way for a Glue Gunner to glue Camos in BTD5, as it will glue them even if the Glue Striker does not have camo detection. Furthermore, if the Glue Striker has Corrosive Glue, all glued bloons will pop as though Corrosive Glue had glued them normally.
- In Bloons Monkey City, the Sticky Sap Flower has the same ability as the Glue Striker Ability, although it is named, "Sticky Sap Flower Ability".