|“||Glue Storm ability pelts the whole screen over 15 seconds with glue. Glued Bloons take extra damage while glued.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 6 Description|
Glue Storm is the final upgrade for Path 2 for the Glue Gunner in Bloons TD 6. It allows the glue of the Glue Strike ability to keep reapplying every 2 seconds over 15 seconds. In addition, the ability glue lasts twice as long, has double the slowing power (75% slow for x-5-0 or 0-5-1, 87.5% slow for 0-5-2), and can soak through up to 9 layers of non-MOAB-class bloons (pretty much a full soak, except Regrows, since Ceramics are considered 9 layers despite having multi-HP shells). The cooldown for the ability is 30 seconds, alongside a 10-second initial cooldown prior to initial use upon purchase.
As of Version 8.0, all Bloons affected by the Glue Storm's ability glue now take in +1 damage, similar to Embrittlement but can affect MOAB-class Bloons, though the ability will only glue MOAB-class bloons with the Corrosive Glue crosspath as of Version 10.0. Glue Storm will now vastly increase the overall power of high-attack high-projectile towers such as Comanche Commander or Sun Avatar towards Bloons that become vulnerable by Glue Storm ability.
The Glue Storm tower adds a third glue tank to the Glue Gunner and makes the suit orange instead of yellow. There are also four smaller hoses on the glue tanks.
When used, the hoses will extend outwards and flail around to give the impression that they are spraying glue everywhere, while the screen is bombarded with glue for 15 straight seconds. Bloons will be glued every 2 seconds during the ability, making it apply a total of 7 times throughout an ability use.
In Version 8.0, a new feature allows all Bloons affected by the ability to be vulnerable to +1 damage.Link.
Glue Storm improves the potential of the Glue Strike ability by soaking through all non-MOAB layers and producing storms of glue every 2.0s for up to 15 seconds with twice the duration and double the slowdown. With the Corrosive Glue crosspath, the ability allows all towers to deal extra damage to bloons and blimps soaked by the ability.
- In almost all cases, the 2-5-0 crosspath is superior, as this is the only crosspath that will allow MOAB-class bloons to be affected by the ability, in order to utilize its +1 damage vulnerability debuff to all affected bloons. Only use 0-5-2 if the main weaknesses are Super Ceramics.
- It is extremely effective when coupled with Super Monkeys or other quick-firing towers, as it essentially adds +1 to every tower's damage, equivalent to Pat Fusty's Rallying Roar but covering the whole screen. Other effects that add bonus damage (including Alchemists, Super Brittle, and Cripple MOAB) only affect a few towers at a time. Coupled with Glue Storm's short cooldown and long length, it makes for a cheap way to boost all your units.
When activating Glue Storm Ability:
- [Consecutive glue splatting]
- The Glue Storm Power in Bloons TD Battles Mobile uses the same sound effect as the Glue Storm ability in BTD6.
- On Version 16.0, the description was changed such that part of the description "... Glued Bloons take extra damage while glued." is added to the end of the main description.
- Even after the visual effect of glue raining over the whole screen is no longer in effect, the Glue Gunner still has its tubes waving around. This indicates the ability is still applying glue on new bloons every 2 seconds.