|“||Glue Storm ability pelts the whole screen over 15 seconds with glue. Glued Bloons take extra damage while glued.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Glue Storm is the final upgrade for Path 2 for the Glue Gunner in BTD6. It allows the glue of the Glue Strike ability to keep reapplying every 2 seconds over 15 seconds. In addition, the ability glue lasts twice as long, has double the slowing power (75% slow for x-5-0 or 0-5-1, 87.5% slow for 0-5-2), and can soak through all non-MOAB-class bloons (because it soaks through up to 9 layers). Cooldown for ability is 30 seconds, alongside a 10 second initial cooldown prior to initial use upon purchase.
As of Version 8.0, all Bloons affected by the Glue Storm's ability glue now take in +1 damage, similar to Embrittlement but can affect MOAB-class Bloons, though the ability will only glue MOAB-class bloons with the Corrosive Glue crosspath as of Version 10.0. Glue Storm will now vastly increase the overall power of high-attack high-projectile towers such as Comanche Commander or Sun Avatar towards Bloons that become vulnerable by Glue Storm ability.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Glue Storm tower adds a third glue tank to the Glue Gunner and makes the suit orange instead of yellow. There are also four smaller hoses on the glue tanks.
Ability[edit | edit source]
When used, the hoses will extend outwards and flail around to give the impression that they are spraying glue everywhere, while the screen is bombarded with glue for 15 straight seconds. Bloons will be glued every 2 seconds during the ability, making it apply a total of 7 times throughout an ability use.
In Version 8.0, a new feature allows the ability to make all affected Bloons vulnerable to +1 damage. This will only apply to glue applied by the ability and not by the main attack or any other glues. Once replaced by other glues, the special property will be negated. Link.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Glue Storm improves the potential of the Glue Strike ability by soaking through all non-MOAB layers and producing storms of glue every 2.0s for up to 15 seconds with twice the duration and double the slowdown. With the Corrosive Glue crosspath, the ability allows all towers to deal extra damage to bloons and blimps soaked by the ability, although this comes at the cost of rendering MOAB Glue useless.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In almost all cases, the 2-5-0 crosspath is superior, as this is the only crosspath that will allow MOAB-class bloons to be affected by the ability, in order to utilize its +1 damage vulnerability debuff to all affected bloons. Only use 0-5-2 if the main weaknesses are Super Ceramics.
- It is extremely effective when coupled with Super Monkeys or other quick-firing towers, as it essentially adds +1 to every tower's damage, equivalent to Pat Fusty's Rallying Roar but covering the whole screen. Other affects that add bonus damage (including Alchemists, Super Brittle, and Cripple MOAB) only affect a few towers at a time. Coupled with Glue Storm's short cooldown and long length, it makes for a cheap way to boost all your units.
- Adding The Bloon Solver or MOAB Glue is not recommended, as all glue types are able to become interfered by each other.
Update History[edit | edit source]
Ability duration increased (TBA seconds → 10), adds extra slow, and has a shorter cooldown (TBA seconds → 30).
Cost reduced ($18,000 → $15,000)
Ability duration increased (10 → 15)
Bloons caught in the storm will now take an additional +1 damage while glued. Applies to bloons glued via Glue Storm ability only.
Glue Storm ability can now affect MOAB-class bloons regardless of crosspaths.
Glue Storm ability no longer glues MOAB-class without the Corrosive Glue crosspath.
Glue Storm ability now soaks more layers (3 → 9)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Glue Storm Power in Bloons TD Battles Mobile uses the same sound effect as the Glue Storm ability in BTD6.
- Despite the old memes about Glue Storm being useless (before 8.0), players still enjoy making memes about Glue Storm, although not to the same extent as before the update.
- On Version 16.0, the description was changed such that part of the description "... Glued Bloons take extra damage while glued." is added to the end of the main description.
- Even after the visual effect of glue raining over the whole screen is no longer in effect, the Glue Gunner still has its tubes waving around. This indicates the ability is still applying glue on new bloons every 2 seconds.