|“||Shoots glue 3x as fast!||”|
|~ In-game description|
Glue Hose is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Glue Gunner in Bloons TD 6. With this upgrade, the Glue Gunner shoots three times as fast, now firing every 0.333s. Each blob splats on impact and can glue up to 6 bloons, a property inherited from the preceding Glue Splatter upgrade. Similar to other Glue Gunners, purchasing Corrosive Glue allows the Glue Hose to attack MOAB-class bloons, while the bottom crosspaths allow for longer glue lifespan and enhanced bloon slowdown.
Glue Hose wears a full yellow tight suit with green eye lenses. The operator wears black gloves lined with a white stripe around the wrist regions. The upgrade portrait depicts the operator trying to keep balance after confrontation with a mess of yellow dripping glue from the glue gun.
Crosspathing changes the color of the rim of the hose and/or the monkey's head. Glue Soak wears a black cap, Stickier Glue puts a blob of glue on the monkey's head, and Tier 2 crosspaths change color of the head stripe to correspond to their respective Tier 2 upgrades. The rim of the hose becomes orange with Tier 2 crosspaths and yellow with Glue Soak.
This section is currently a work in progress (WIP), and therefore under construction. Please bear with us while our editors improve the page.
Glue Hose triples the Glue Gunner's attack speed. The glue projectile splats on impact, glueing up to 6 bloons per splatter.
Glue Hose is considered a Level 1 glue, unless given higher-tier glues, specifically with Corrosive Glue. Higher-tier upgrades can override this glue.
Glue Hose targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. It shoots straight movement projectiles.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
- Updated as of Version 31.0. Listed prices exclude buffs, sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
Glue Hose serves as a suitable method of slowing large groups of regular bloons with its rapidly firing glue splatters. It can be bought with Corrosive Glue to make it penetrate through all layers of regular bloons while allowing it to gradually chip away against bloons, or it can be bought with Stronger Glue as a reliable slowdown against Super Ceramics. The 0-3-2 Glue Hose is effective on CHIMPS games where a defense's main weakness is catching large groups of Super Ceramics.
- Always crosspath Glue Hose with either Path 1 or Path 3. There is little purpose for adding glue with neither soaking nor extra slowdown for such a high price. Each crosspath has their significant unique benefits and drawbacks, so choose the right crosspath that will benefit the defense as a whole in the long-run.
- Both crosspaths for Glue Hose are equally as useful for different situations. 2-3-0 is useful for slowing and damaging grouped bloons on rounds before Round 80, such as Rounds 55 or 63. On the other hand, 0-3-2 is far superior as a late-game option for slowing down Super Ceramics on Rounds 81+.
- For rounds up to Round 80, using a 2-3-0 Glue Gunner ensures that all stronger regular bloons and their layers are slowed down as the rest of the defense begins to chip away the many layers of bloon. Corrosive Glue additionally helps with extra damage against grouped bloons, and it will pop up to 4 layers in total within the 11-second glue duration.
- For Rounds 81+, using a 0-3-2 Glue Hose is a viable option for slowing groups of Super Ceramics, but note that its relatively low pierce might not make it the best option against large hordes of Super Ceramics, usually originating from masses of exploded blimps via Unstable Concoction. Pair with an Arctic Wind if possible, to allow additional time for all the Super Ceramics to become all glued, or multiple 0-1-2 Ice Monkeys if short on budget.
- As with all Glue Gunners, it can now target MOAB-class bloons if Corrosive Glue is bought as well. However, it can also prevent other Glue Gunners from targeting MOAB-class bloons if coated with said glue, though stronger solvent glues (Bloon Dissolver, Bloon Liquefier, and The Bloon Solver) can easily override any Glue Hose glue.
- This upgrade is one of few upgrades that attacks exactly 3x faster than their predecessors, the others being Overdrive and Semi-Automatic.
- On Easy Mode, a Glue Hose with three Monkey Commerces and the "Insider Trades" MK will cost $2,015 for the upgrade alone.