|“||Shoots a blob of sticky glue that slows Bloons down by 50%||”|
|~ In-game Description|
The Glue Gunner is a Primary-class tower in Bloons TD 6 that shoots glue which slows down Bloons. The tower retains its name and role from the Bloons TD 4, and 5 game generations, with significant additions. It did not receive any teasers prior to release, but it was first shown when the game was available to select YouTubers several days before BTD6's official release date.
Initially, the Glue Gunner shoots a non-damaging glob of glue every 1.0s, sticking onto one bloon per glob. Glue can soak through up to 3 non-blimp layers (more with Glue Soak), slows the affected bloon by 50%, and the slowdown effect lasts up to 11 seconds. Various upgrades increase the potency of the glue, including a corrosive formula, splatters of glue, and slowdown of MOAB-class bloons. All glues are governed by a glue prioritization system; "stronger" glues are prioritized first and can override any weaker glues, with some exceptions.
The Glue Gunner holds a large cannister of glue on its back, and the monkey holds the nozzle and trigger with its right and left hands, respectively. He looks not too different compared to his BTD5 counterpart outside of having the general BTD6 art style. There are minor differences to the Glue Gunner's visual appearance, however.
Visually, the Glue Gunner looks very similar to its BTD5 counterparts, but with minor differences. The tube connected to the hose now has a greener colour and shadings, which makes it more realistic. The yellow glue container now has an extra mini rope which acts as a strap for the monkey to wear it like a backpack, there appear to be screwed on the metal band around the container, and the hose is spewing glue in the artwork but it shoots a blob in other games' art while the gameplay itself is still the same. Otherwise, there are little changes, if any to the tower.
The Glue Gunner has gained a significant overhaul of buffs that make it viable across a variety of different roles. As an unupgraded tower, its basic glue shots can now soak through 3 layers of bloon instead of just 1 and can be applied to MOAB Class bloons, provided MOAB Glue or Corrosive Glue is purchased. Upgrading to Glue Soak allows the soaking of all layers, just like the original version. Upgrading it to Corrosive Glue or higher can also damage MOAB-Class, enhancing its use in gameplay capabilities, but it cannot slow them down without the MOAB Glue upgrade.
Path 1 increases the power of the glue's penetration potential and deadliness. Glue Soak allows glue to soak all bloon layers, forcing the bloons to undergo the glue status forever until unglued. Corrosive Glue slowly corrodes any affected bloons every few seconds, and can now target and stick onto MOAB-class bloons with half glue duration and no slowdown. Bloon Dissolver is formulated into a much more powerful solvent, increasing its corrosion rate for stronger cleanup against regular bloons. Bloon Liquefier once again improves the solvents in the glue by increasing the corrosion rate of the glue and affecting additional bloons too. Lastly, The Bloon Solver provides the ultimate toxic mixture of sticky green glue, spraying out splashes of the most corrosive solvents at super fast speeds.
Path 2 deals with increasing the distribution of glue. Most of these upgrades along this path involve increasing the rate of applying glue by means of extra pierce to each shot. Bigger Globs allows each shot of glue to hit one more bloon per shot. Glue Splatter converts the glue into a splash of glue, for an even greater amount of pierce. Glue Hose increases the attack speed of the Glue Gunner to distribute the glue even faster. Glue Strike adds an ability that drops a quick rain of glue over the whole screen, making all affected bloons vulnerable to extra damage while glued. Glue Storm further improves of its ability by creating a persistent storm of icky sticky glue.
Path 3 specializes in improving the stickiness of the glue. Stickier Glue is now on a separate upgrade path, and begins this path by improving the lifespan of the glue. Stronger Glue improves the slowdown of the glue from 50% to 75%, for even slower bloons. MOAB Glue modifies the glue into a bubblegum-like substance that can stick to and slow MOAB-class bloons, although with a weaker slowdown effect and duration. Relentless Glue increases potency of the glue by allowing bloons directly glued by the Glue Gunner to drop blobs of glue onto the track for other bloons to pick up. The strongest, most unstoppable glue comes from the Super Glue, greatly reducing the speed of all affected bloons to an extremely slow speed.
One significant note is the Glue Gunner's major weakness to BADs, due to not applying any slowdown effect onto them regardless of upgrades. Besides this, the Glue Gunner is a highly versatile support-oriented tower across a wide variety of different aspects.
The Glue Gunner is classed as a Primary Monkey.
The base Glue Gunner uses the standard target priorities: First, Last, Close, Strong. Many of the Glue Gunner's alternate attacks have target priorities that are integrated into the Glue's own target priorities. Glue Gunners will not attack bloons glued by their own glue attacks and will instead prioritize gluing new ones, except in the Super Glue's case, where it will attack any bloon that isn't immobilized rather than glued.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
Alternate attacks have a different set of target priorities:
- Glue Strike and Glue Storm target all bloons on screen.
- Relentless Glue's track blobs always target onto bloon track lanes every time an affected bloon is popped.
Glue Prioritization System
In Bloons TD 6, there is a glue prioritization system. This system tells the Glue Gunner if it should ignore a bloon with a different glue or apply its own glue on it. Bloons can have multiple glue types, but some effects are dictated by the last applied glue, so the prioritization system is made in an attempt to let bloons become applied with a more valuable glue, which should reduce the possibility for potentially disadvantageous glue synergies.
Before around Version 25.0, the glue prioritization system worked like this:
Note: Data gathered during version 15.1
After the release of Version 25.0, which appeared to have reworked the glue prioritization system, the system works more like this:
Bloon speed depends on the last applied glue until it expires (x-4-x Glue Strike and x-5-x Glue Storm abilities will not affect the speed of already glued bloons), damage effects can stack as long as they are of different path 1 tiers (2-x-x Corrosive Glue , 3-x-x Bloon Dissolver and 4-x-x Bloon Liquefier), however, both x-x-5 Super Glue and 5-x-x The Bloon Solver will remove any current glue on the target (this won't take away the x-x-4 Relentless Glue, Glue Strike and Glue Storm effects).
This page is currently under construction. Please bear with us while our editors improve the page.
|Glue Soak |
COST: $170 / $200 / $215 / $240
UNLOCK: 150 XP
|Description: Glue soaks through all layers of Bloon.
Effect: Soaks through all non-blimp layers of bloon. Cannot soak through MOAB-class, even with upgrades.
|Corrosive Glue |
COST: $255 / $300 / $325 / $360
UNLOCK: 550 XP
|Description: Glued Bloons pop one layer every few seconds.
Effect: Slowly deals damage to bloons every 2.0s while glued. Can target MOAB-class but does not slow them down and only lasts for half duration.
|Bloon Dissolver |
COST: $2,125 / $2,500 / $2,700 / $3,000
UNLOCK: 2,500 XP
|Description: Extreme solvents melt two layers every second.
Effect: Corrosion rate increases from 1 damage per 2.3s to 1 damage per 0.575s or 2 damage per 0.575s to Ceramics.
|Bloon Liquefier |
COST: $4,250 / $5,000 / $5,400 / $6,000
UNLOCK: 9,000 XP
|Description: Can glue one additional Bloon per shot and applies liquefying compounds that do 10 pops every second.
Effect: Corrosion rate increases from 1 damage per 0.575s to damage per 0.1s, glue gains +1 pierce.
|The Bloon Solver |
COST: $18,700 / $22,000 / $23,760 / $26,400
UNLOCK: 37,500 XP
|Description: Bloons a problem? Here's the solution.
Effect: Corrosion rate increases versus Ceramics and MOAB-class from 3 damage per 0.1s for Ceramics and 6 damage per 0.1s for MOABs, every 0.1s for both Ceramics and MOABs. Glue attack becomes a twin splatter attack with 6 pierce per splash.
|Bigger Globs |
COST: $85 / $100 / $110 / $120
UNLOCK: 120 XP
|Description: Can coat 2 Bloons per shot.
Effect: Glue projectile gains +1 pierce.
|Glue Splatter |
COST: $1,530 / $1,800 / $1,945 / $2,160
UNLOCK: 900 XP
|Description: Splatters glue across up to 6 Bloons per shot.
Effect: Converts glue attack into a splash attack, gluing up to 6 bloons per shot (equivalent to +4 pierce).
|Glue Hose |
COST: $2,760 / $3,250 / $3,510 / $3,900
UNLOCK: 2,500 XP
|Description: Shoots glue 3x as fast!
Effect: Triples its attack speed.
|Glue Strike |
COST: $2,975 / $3,500 / $3,780 / $4,200
UNLOCK: 8,500 XP
|Description: Glue Strike ability: Glues all Bloons on screen, causing them to take more damage from all sources while it lasts.
Effect: Gains an ability that glues all bloons currently on screen and renders affected bloons vulnerable to +2 damage while glued.
|Glue Storm |
COST: $12,750 / $15,000 / $16,200 / $18,000
UNLOCK: 25,000 XP
|Description: Glue Storm ability pelts the whole screen over 15 seconds with glue. Glued Bloons take extra damage while glued.
Effect: Ability improved, allowing the ability to glue all bloons currently on screen every 2.0s until the ability expires. Alongside effects from its predecessor, ability glue now has double slowdown and gains double lifespan.
|Stickier Glue |
COST: $100 / $120 / $130 / $145
UNLOCK: 130 XP
|Description: Makes glue effect last much longer.
Effect: Glue lasts for 24.0s instead of 11.0s.
|Stronger Glue |
COST: $340 / $400 / $430 / $480
UNLOCK: 600 XP
|Description: Slows down Bloons even more.
Effect: Slows down bloons by 75% instead of 50%.
|MOAB Glue |
COST: $2,890 / $3,400 / $3,670 / $4,080
UNLOCK: 2,500 XP
|Description: Improved glue formula allows it to stick to MOAB-class Bloons.
Effect: Can glue MOAB-class bloons and slows them down by 37.5% for half the duration.
|Relentless Glue |
COST: $2,550 / $3,000 / $3,240 / $3,600
UNLOCK: 8,000 XP
|Description: Popped Bloons that were glued leave a blob of glue on the track.
Effect: If the Glue Gunner glues a bloon, a popped bloon will spawn a blob of glue on the track.
|Super Glue |
COST: $23,800 / $28,000 / $30,240 / $33,600
UNLOCK: 30,000 XP
|Description: Glue so strong it temporarily immobilizes all affected Bloons!
Effect: Improves the glue slowdown greatly. Locks MOABs, DDTs, and non-MOAB-class bloons in place, while immensely slowing down BFBs and ZOMGs. Increases base pierce by 6. Also can rehit the same glued bloon.
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5|
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5|
Special Crosspathing Interactions
- Special Crosspathing Changes
- 2-0-5 Super Glue: Super Glue damage-over-time becomes 1 damage every 2.0s instead of 1 damage every 2.3s
- Glue Storm + Path 3: Glue Storm ability glue lasts for 48 seconds on the affected bloon with Stickier Glue and slows by 87.5% with Stronger Glue.
- 5-2-0 The Bloon Solver: increases pierce by +5, for a total of 11 pierce.
- 0-2-5 Super Glue : increases pierce by +5, for a total of 11 pierce, and converts attack to be a splash.
- Other Important Notes
- Glue Gunner + Corrosive Glue: Adding Corrosive Glue to any upgrade allows targeting of MOAB-class
- Corrosive Glue and/or MOAB Glue: Glue effects last half as long on MOAB-class bloons regardless of which upgrades are bought
- Glue Soak: Even with upgrades that allow sticking of MOAB-class, such as 1-0-3 MOAB Glue, Glue Soak does not soak through MOAB-class bloons. This also includes upgrades that add corrosion to the glue.
- Relentless Glue + Path 2: Pierce buffs do not directly affect the glue track blobs.
- Main article: Glue Gunner (BTD6)/Strategies
This section displays Monkey Knowledge that has effects on Glue Gunner and its changes when compared to one by default:
- Increased Lifespan: Glue Gunner has increased projectile lifespan.
- x seconds → x seconds.
- Fast Glue: Glue Gunner 10% increased attack speed.
- More Splatty Glue: Increases Glue Splatter pierce by 2.
- Glue Splatter can affect up to from 6 bloons → 8 bloons per shot.
- Aviation Grade Glue: MOAB Glue slows more than normal.
- MOAB Glue and Relentless Glue slowdown effect for MOAB-class bloons increases from 37.5% slowdown to 50% slowdown, or MOAB-class bloons slow down to 50% speed instead of 62.5% speed.
- Cheaper Solution: Bloon Liquifier cost reduced by 1000.
- $4,250, $5,000, $5,400, and $6,000 reduced to $3,250, $4,000, $4,400, and $5,000 on Easy, Medium, Hard, and Impoppable, respectively
- Come On Everybody!: Primary towers attack 5% faster if all are below tier 3, and cost 5% less if all are tier 3 or 4.
- Bonus Glue Gunner: Gives a free Glue Gunner at the start of every game. Only one free Monkey Tower per game.
- Monkey Education: All Monkeys XP earn rate increased by 8%.
- Better Sell Deals: All Monkeys sell for 5% more.
- Increases sell potency from 70% to 75%.
- Veteran Monkey Training: All Monkeys reload time reduced by 3%.
- Global Ability Cooldowns: All Ability cooldowns for all Monkeys reduced by 3%.
Differences Between BTD5 and BTD6
Bug Fixes and General Changes
- [Glue splatting]
- [Glue splatting]
- [Glue splatting]
- [Glue splatting]
- [Glue splatting]
- In BTD6, a glued bloon can be glued by another glue gunner.
- Path 1 upgrades improve its ability to pop bloons while Path 2 upgrades improve its ability to glue multiple bloons at a time. Path 3 focuses on slowing bloons down even more, as well as gluing MOAB Class Bloons.
- Tier 2 upgrades make the body of the glue gunner almost completely covered. At tier 3 the face gets covered.
- In Bloons TD 6, each 5th tier upgrade has a different suit. In Path 1, the monkey wears a green Class-B hazmat suit with a gas mask connected with an oxygen tank meaning the fumes are very toxic. In Path 2, the monkey wears an orange mask with two windows for eyes. In Path 3, the monkey wears a black (sort of metallic) Class-C hazmat suit.
- In BTD6, by the end of path 1, the glue becomes green, by the end of path 2 the glue remains yellow, and by the end of path 3, the glue becomes pink.
- In BTD6, the monkey has noticeably darker fur than other monkeys.
- In BTD6, the Glue Gunner is the only tower that changes poses from Tier 1 to Tier 2.