|“||Glaives will bounce from Bloon to Bloon automatically and aggressively.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Glaive Ricochet is the 3rd upgrade of path 1 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Boomerang Monkey to throw a glaive that bounces from bloon to bloon as long as there is one close by. It will not hit the same bloon more than once even if the glaive bounces back. Each glaive now pops 50 bloons (80 with Monkey Knowledge), which is half the amount compared to BTD5, although M.O.A.R. Glaives returns that pierce amount to 100 again. Glaive Ricochet can be unlocked for 2500 XP.
The monkey's jumpsuit turns purple and gets a blue X on his back, just like the X on the Glaives upgrade.
It costs $1,105 on Easy, $1,300 on Medium, $1,405 on Hard, and $1,560 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Glaive Ricochet changes the behavior of the glaive attacks such that it allows the Glaive Ricochet to excel against extended groups of bloons. It sacrifices the curved behavior of the glaives for superior popping power against regular bloons. As such, Glaive Ricochet is a good option for general cleanup against groups of bloons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite the fact that the glaives no longer curve around like normal boomerangs, the Glaive Ricochet upgrade is a good option against groups of weaker bloons.
- Usually, 3-0-2 is better than 3-2-0, as it pops any bloon type and still deals a respectable amount of overall damage. But 3-2-0 might be better at overall damage if adding Alch buffs to it.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Homing algorithm for glaive bouncing decreased. Glaives now seeks the closest bloon per hit instead of the first bloon.
- Homing algorithm for glaive bouncing has improved.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although difficult to observe, the glaives are now thrown straight instead of curved, unlike BTD5. It's more easy to notice this on fast bloon challenges.
- Glaive Ricochet is one of many towers to feature on the main menu screen logo for BTD6.