|“||Glaives will bounce from Bloon to Bloon automatically and aggressively.||”|
|~ In-game Description|
Glaive Ricochet is the third upgrade of path 1 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Boomerang Monkey to throw glaives that bounce from bloon to bloon as long as there are other bloons close by. It will not hit the same bloon more than once even if the glaive bounces in its direction. Each glaive now pops 50 bloons (80 with the "Extra Bounce" Monkey Knowledge), and can bounce towards any bloon up to 62.5 units distance. Glaive Ricochet can be unlocked for 2500 XP.
The monkey's jumpsuit turns purple and gets a blue X on his back, just like the X on the Glaives upgrade.
It costs $1,105 on Easy, $1,300 on Medium, $1,405 on Hard, and $1,560 on Impoppable.
The following is a list of statistics of a Boomerang Monkey with Glaive Ricochet. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, sharp type, detects partial hitbox, 43 range, 1.207s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 50 pierce. Ricochets towards bloons from up to ~30 range from projectile.
- Crosspathing interactions
- Attacks faster, 0.852s (-29%) attack cooldown instead of 1.207s.
- Attacks faster, 0.5858s (-31%) attack cooldown instead of 0.852s.
- Base range increased to 49.5 (+15%) range instead of 43.
- Glaives now deal normal damage type, damage increases to 2 (+1).
- Monkey Knowledge affections
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Dart Monkey with Sharp Shots. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
Glaive Ricochet changes the behavior of the glaive attack which allows the Glaive Ricochet to excel against extended groups of bloons. It sacrifices the curved behavior of the glaives for superior popping power against regular bloons. As such, Glaive Ricochet is a generally good option for cleanup against grouped bloons.
- Despite the fact that the glaives no longer curve around like normal boomerangs, the Glaive Ricochet upgrade is a good option against groups of weaker bloons.
- Usually, 3-0-2 is better than 3-2-0, as it pops any bloon type and deals more DPS. Using Berserker Brew or higher makes 3-2-0 better at DPS, however.
- Although difficult to observe, due to the fact that hitting a bloon sets the glaive in a seeking movement, the glaives are now thrown straight instead of curved, unlike BTD5. It's more easy to notice this phenomenon when missing very fast spaced bloons.
- Glaive Ricochet is one of many towers to feature on the main menu screen logo for BTD6.