|“||Glaive Lord surrounds itself in 3 special glaives that shred anything that comes near. Glaive Lord's glaives now rip through MOAB-class Bloons, slowly tearing them apart from the inside.||”|
|~ In-game description|
The Glaive Lord gains orbiting glaives that deal constant damage while bloons are within range of them. They have 1,000 pierce, are able to pop camo, and deal 2 damage (+5 to Ceramics and MOAB-class, and another +2 versus Fortified) every 0.1s to nearby bloons. Red Hot Rangs adds +1 damage to the orbitals and allow them to pop Frozen and Lead, but they do not shred faster with Path 2 upgrades. Long Range Rangs increases the range of the orbiting glaives from 30 to 34.5.
Alongside orbiting glaives, the Glaive Lord's thrown glaives now deal 8 damage on hit (9 with 5-0-2 crosspath), instead of 1 or 2. They also apply Shred onto the first MOAB-Class Bloon hit, dealing 100 damage to it every 1.0s for up to 15s, inflicting up to 1,500 damage from the shredding effect alone. As with most damage-over-time sources, this effect cannot be stacked.
This upgrade turns the Glaive Lord's hood and cloak purple, with a red arrow on top of the hood, while the rest of his outfit is black with red accents. Three spinning glaives with a blue center surround the Boomerang Monkey. The rotating glaives and hand-held glaives both become red-orange when crosspathed with Red Hot Rangs.
Glaive Lord gains a trio of orbiting glaives, which function as a 30 range source of Contact Damage, dealing 2 damage, +5 to Ceramics and MOABs, (7) and +1 to Fortified, with 1000 pierce and a 0.1 second pierce refresh rate.
Long Range Rangs, additionally, increases the glaive ring's range to 34.5.
Finally, the Glaive Lord's thrown glaive now deal 8 damage (9 with Red Hot Rangs) and inflicts a 100 damage per second Shred effect on the first blimp it hits for 15 seconds.
Glaive Lord targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. Glaive Lord has multiple attacks with different interactions with targeting priority.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
Glaive Lord's main glaive attack is a straight movement projectile that can sharply turn with aggressive seeking upon collision with a bloon. Glaive Lord's orbital glaives is a zone-based attack that is locked on Close.
Like all Boomerang Monkeys, Glaive Lord can access Change Hands secondary targeting priority to switch hands, changing the origin and direction of thrown glaives.
The following is a list of statistics of a Boomerang Monkey with Glaive Lord. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 31.2
- Base stats
- Projectile, sharp type, detects partial hitbox, 43 range, 0.6s attack cooldown, 8 damage, 100 pierce. Also applies shred effect dealing 100 damage per second for 15 seconds, for a total of 1500.
- Orbital Glaives:
- Damage zone, normal type, affects camo bloons, detects partial hitbox, 30 range, 0.1s attack cooldown, 2 damage, 7 damage to Ceramics, 7 damage to MOAB-Class Bloons, extra +2 damage to fortified bloons, 1000 pierce.
- Crosspathing interactions
- Glaives attack faster, 0.45s (-25%) attack cooldown instead of 0.6s.
- Orbital Glaives attack faster, 0.075s (-25%) attack cooldown instead of 0.1s.
- Glaive attack faster, 0.3375s (-25%) attack cooldown instead of 0.45s.
- Orbital Glaives attack faster, 0.05625s (-25%) attack cooldown instead of 0.075s.
- Base range increased to 49.5 (+15%) unit instead of 43.
- Orbital Glaives range increased to 34.5 (+15%) unit instead of 30.
- Glaives now deal normal damage type, damage increases to 9 (+1).
- Orbital Glaives now deal normal damage type, damage increases to 3 (+1). The other stats remain unchanged.
- Monkey Knowledge affections
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Boomerang Monkey with Glaive Lord. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 31.2
- Base attack(s)
- Updated as of Version 31.0. Listed prices exclude buffs, sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
Glaive Lord excels at popping dense groups of non-MOAB Bloons, but may have problems with countering Super Ceramics without proper placement.
Alongside a fast-shredding area-of-effect range, Glaive Lord comes with an effective secondary attack with its main glaives, where the first hit of its regular glaives can inflict a shredding damage-over-time effect, making it highly useful against multiple high HP targets, such as ZOMGs.
It still requires support against large groups of stronger bloons, but the Glaive Lord remains a somewhat decent option against polar opposites of the bloon spawns spectrum: weaker grouped bloons, and stronger high HP bloons (considering they are not clumped).
- The direction the orbital glaives spin does not matter; it only serves as a visual indicator of the continuous fixed area-of-effect radius. If placed in the correct spot, like a loop in the map In the Loop, it can completely destroy any non-MOAB Class Bloon currently in the game (at least for rounds 100 and earlier, since afterwards the extra speed will make it struggle).
- As of Version 27.0, in general cases, the 5-0-2 crosspath will have a slight advantage against super ceramics and be able to damage bloons and MOABs with Frozen and/or Lead properties. 5-2-0 will have an advantage against MOAB-class, particularly when "Close" targeting is being used to apply the shred DoT effect to multiple blimps passing by.
- Most of the damage done to super ceramics will come from the orbital glaives, which is only improved with the 5-0-2 crosspath, which also gives its attacks the normal damage type, allowing it to damage any bloon type (e.g. frozen and lead).
- The Shred DoT is a huge part of the damage done to MOAB-class bloons, the extra attack speed from the 5-2-0 crosspath allows the tower to hit a bigger variety of MOAB-class, which can be maximized with "close" targeting option.
- However, several factors such as the tower's position, buffs received, and slowdowns or debuffs on bloons or MOAB-class will change which crosspath will perform better, with both doing similarly well in some cases.
- Glaive Lord can be used to comfortably combat the masses of BFBs spewed out by Tier 2 Elite Bloonarius when passing a skull, much like how the preceding upgrade M.O.A.R. Glaives cleans up the Ceramic Bloons spawned by Tier 1.
- Add slows such as MOAB Glue or Glue Hose to allow more time for the Glaive Lord's orbital glaive to damage bloons. Add a 0-1-2 Ice Monkey or two to freeze down bloons, especially Super Ceramics, but be sure to allow Glaive Lord to affect Frozen Bloons before adding Ice Monkeys or else this synergy will not work.
- If Lead Bloons or DDTs reach within range of a Glaive Lord without Red Hot Rangs or other forms of lead-popping power, the glaive ring will be completely blockaded and never damage bloons until the bloons are out of the way. The same applies to Frozen Bloons.
- It may be desirable to set targeting to Strong so that Glaive Lord will focus on applying its shredding effect to stronger blimps.
Bug Fixes and General Changes
- The Glaive Lord, along with Absolute Zero, Cripple MOAB and Ray of Doom are the only Tier 4 towers in BTD5 that were moved to Tier 5 and are currently playable in BTD6.
- Rotating Glaives speed up when bloons are within range, the effect is purely visual however.
- Glaive Lord, Bloontonium Reactor (by extension Energizer), and The Tack Zone are all Tier 4+ towers that had their damage type changed from Normal to either Sharp or Shatter , which both cannot affect lead bloons for the sake of being more realistic to the real world.
- The Glaive Lord is one of the only Tier 5 upgrades that changes appearance with its crosspath as when crosspathed with Red Hot Rangs the glaives rotating around its body becomes orange and they also become further away from the Glaive Lord's body.