The Glaive Lord acquires two permanent glaives that rotate around the tower, shredding bloons that come into contact with the glaives. Glaive Ricochet is still used along with the rotating secondary glaives and can pop even more bloons. This upgrade also gives the tower Camo detection in BTD5. The glaives only rotate around the Boomerang Thrower during a round.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 Mobile[edit | edit source]
Glaive Lord's orbiting glaives cannot pop Frozen and Lead Bloons unless you upgrade the tower to Sonic Boom and Red Hot Rangs, respectively.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)[edit | edit source]
- Version 3.1
Glaive Lord price decreased ($9000 → $4500).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Glaive Lords wear robes similar to those of the Bloonjitsu Ninja Monkey, SMFC Dart Monkey, and the Viral Frost Ice Tower.
- If Glaive Lord is located near a Monkey Village with Jungle Drums or M.I.B. Call to Arms, the orbiting Glaives will not rotate faster than usual, instead the tower will just throw ricocheting glaives faster.
- Glaives continue to circulate around the tower, just like the Dartling Gun, which will not turn on between rounds.
- In BTD5 Mobile version, if the tower is not upgraded with Red Hot 'Rangs, it will make no sound when it tries to hit Lead Bloons. This also occurs with Glaive Ricochet.
- The secondary glaives orbit clockwise. To maximize their popping power, put them in a corner where the bloons go counterclockwise.
- The Bloons Monkey City description says that Glaive Lord is an ancient technique of the Monkey martial arts.
- In BTD5 a single Glaive Lord in conjunction with an Arctic Wind can deal with seemingly infinite amounts of regular Bloons.
- The Glaive Lord is one of few towers with infinite popping power (orbital glaives only). The other towers include Ice Tower (gains popping power if upgraded to 2/0 or 0/3), Blade Maelstrom (ability), Bloontonium Reactor (when submerged), and Ground Zero (ability).
- The glaives have infinite popping power, making it extremely powerful against bloons, barring health and speed scaling.
- The Glaive Lord, along with Ray of Doom, Absolute Zero and Cripple MOAB are the only Tier-4 towers in BTD5 that were moved to Tier-5 in BTD6, at least in name.
Gallery[edit | edit source]