|“||Shots pop through 4 layers of bloon, and both bullets and shrapnel can pop Lead and Frozen Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Full Metal Jacket is the first upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Sniper to pop Lead and Frozen Bloons, and deals 4 damage to bloons per shot instead of 2, enough to pop an entire Yellow Bloon and inflict high damage to bloons up to the Rainbow Bloon layer. When crosspathed with Shrapnel Shot, all shrapnel pieces can also pop Frozen and Lead. One minor crosspathing interaction with Elite Defender also increases its MOAB-class damage bonus from +2 to +3, for 7 damage to MOAB-class.
Full Metal Jacket changes color of beret to red beret.
When pairing it with Path 3 upgrades, the beret will be dark red with 2 grey/orange vertical stripes, depending on the upgrade.Semi-Automatic will add a pair of earmuffs to the Sniper Monkey on top of the aforementioned changes. Full Auto Rifle turns the helmet of the Full Auto Rifle to red.
Adding Night Vision Goggles will give the tower night vision goggles. Adding Shrapnel Shot will add an explosion symbol to the beret. Adding Bouncing Bullet will turn the army hat's coating red. Adding Supply Drop will color the "bush hair" red with black.
Full Metal Jacket allows the Sniper Monkey to pop 2 extra layers of bloon per shot and damage Frozen Bloons and Lead Bloons. One single shot is enough to wipe out a Yellow Bloon, brings an entire Pink Bloon down to a Red Bloon, and reduces bloons between Black Bloons and Rainbow Bloons into multiple weaker bloons. If crosspathed with Shrapnel Shot, the shrapnel pieces can also pop Frozen and Lead.
Full Metal Jacket targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. It shoots a snipe attack.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
Full Metal Jacket is a reliable early-game option for taking down stronger bloons, more specifically for early Yellows or Pinks or for rounds with stronger regular bloons like Round 20, 22, 23, 26, and 35. It is also an adequate option for tackling early Lead Bloons, particularly Rounds 28 and 30, although less reliable as lead-popping power in later rounds unless given Shrapnel Shot to affect groups of nearby bloons.
- Full Metal Jacket is useful as a form of early lead-popping power. Adding Fast Firing or Even Faster Firing will increase its reliability against individual Leads, while adding Shrapnel Shot makes the Sniper more reliable at countering Leads grouped with other bloons.
- Set it to Strong targeting to target the strongest bloons, particularly in the early-game and early mid-game.
- As Full Metal Jacket is not reliable lead-popping power, it tends to fall back in rounds where bloons above Leads appear, unless set to other settings besides Strong targeting. This can be amended by adding Shrapnel Shot, allowing it to pop groups of Leads nearby.
- When used in the middle early-game, each Full Metal Jacket crosspath can be used well in a different setting. 1-0-2 Full Metal Jacket is faster and can selectively pick off faster bloons more reliably while 1-2-0 is more reliable at breaking apart groups of bloons.
- In both BTD5 (but not BTDB Mobile) and BTD6, this upgrade costs the same as the base cost.
- In BTD6, a Full Metal Jacket with Night Vision Goggles is the only tower with only Tier 1 upgrades that can damage Camo Leads. The same could be said when it comes to damaging DDTs.