|“||Shots pop through 4 layers of bloon, and both bullets and shrapnel can pop Lead and Frozen Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Full Metal Jacket is the second upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Sniper to pop Lead and Frozen, and deal 4 damage to bloons per shot instead of 2, enough to pop an entire Yellow Bloon and inflict high damage to bloons up to Rainbow Bloons. When crosspathed with Shrapnel Shot, all shrapnel pieces can pop Frozen and Lead too.
It costs $300 on Easy, $350 on Medium, $380 on Hard, and $420 on Impoppable.
Description[edit | edit source]
Full Metal Jacket allows the Sniper Monkey to pop 4 damage to bloons per shot instead of 2, and can pop Frozen and Lead. One single shot is enough to wipe out an entire Yellow Bloon, turns an entire Pink Bloon down to a Red Bloon, and turns bloons between Black Bloon and Rainbow Bloon into multiple weaker bloon layers. If crosspathed with Shrapnel Shot, the shrapnel pieces can also pop Frozen and Lead.
When pairing it with Path 3 upgrades, the beret will be colored purple on one side plus grey/orange (depending on upgrade) on the other side. Semi-Automatic will add a pair of earmuffs to the Sniper Monkey on top of the aforementioned changes. Full Auto Rifle turns the helmet of the Full Auto Rifle to red.
Adding Night Vision Goggles will give the tower night vision goggles. Adding Shrapnel Shot will add an explosion symbol to the beret. Adding Bouncing Bullet will turn the army hat's coating red. Adding Supply Drop will color the "bush hair" red with black.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Full Metal Jacket is a reliable early-game option for taking down stronger bloons, more specifically for early Yellows or Pinks or for rounds with stronger regular bloons like Round 20, 22, 23, 26, and 35. It is also an adequate option for tackling early Lead Bloons, although less reliable as lead-popping power in later rounds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Full Metal Jacket is useful as a form of early lead-popping power. Adding Fast Firing or Even Faster Firing will increase its reliability against individual Leads, while adding Shrapnel Shot makes the Sniper more reliable at countering Leads grouped with other bloons.
- Placing it to Strong targeting to target the strongest bloons, particularly in the early-game and early mid-game.
- As Full Metal Jacket is not a very reliable lead-popping power, it tends to fall back in rounds where bloons above Lead appear, unless set to other settings besides Strong targeting. This can be amended by adding Shrapnel Shot, popping up groups of leads nearby.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
- 1-2-0 Sniper now allows shrapnel to pop all bloon types.
- Description changed from "Shots pop through 4 layers of Bloon. Can pop Lead and Frozen Bloons." to "Shots pop through 4 layers of bloon, and both bullets and shrapnel can pop Lead and Frozen Bloons."
- Undocumented in patch notes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In both BTD5 (but not BTDB Mobile) and BTD6, this upgrade costs the same as the base cost.
- In BTD6, a Full Metal Jacket with Night Vision Goggles is the only tower with only Tier 1 upgrades to damage Camo Leads. The same could be said when it comes to damaging DDTs.