|“||Shots can pop through 4 layers of bloon - and can pop lead and frozen bloons.||”|
|~ BTD5 Description|
Full Metal Jacket is the 1st upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in Bloons Tower Defense 5. This upgrade allows the Sniper Monkey to pop 4 layers of the bloon that it hits as well as lead bloons. This tower is extremely useful for clearing out small groups of bloons but is not as good when trying to attack compact groups of bloons. It is inadvisable to use this along with towers with low popping power as the bloons popped will spawn a dense pack of weaker bloons, like yellows.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Full Metal Jacket is useful as a form of early lead-popping power.
- Placing it to Strong targetting to target the strongest bloons, particularly in the early-game and early mid-game.
- As Full Metal Jacket is not a very reliable lead-popping power, it tends to fall back in rounds where bloons above Lead appear, unless set to other settings besides Strong targeting.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)[edit | edit source]
Full Metal Jacket price decreased ($350 → $300).
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
- 1-2-0 Sniper now allows shrapnel to pop all bloon types.
- Description changed from "Shots pop through 4 layers of Bloon. Can pop Lead and Frozen Bloons." to "Shots pop through 4 layers of bloon, and both bullets and shrapnel can pop Lead and Frozen Bloons."
- Undocumented in patch notes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In both BTD5 (but not BTDB Mobile) and BTD6, this upgrade costs the same as the base cost.
- Full Metal Jacket was named after the war film Full Metal Jacket.
- When bought with Night Vision Goggles (Path 2 Upgrade 2, in BTD5), this tower is capable of popping any type of bloon.
- The Full Metal Jacket Upgrade allows the Sniper Monkey to pop an entire Yellow Bloon in just a single shot.
- This upgrade as well as the Semi-Automatic Rifle upgrade both allow the Sniper Monkey to be capable of popping Lead Bloons.
- This and Night Vision Goggles is highly recommended to complete Tranquil Glade.