Frozen Over consists of a large, practically barren ice field with large fractures in the ice starting to appear, leaving several small flows for land towers to be placed upon next to the track and several pools of stationary water for towers which utilize that terrain type.
The Bloons enter the map at the bottom left corner and follow the moving current to the end at the top right of the screen. The layout has many straight lines and is comparable to Cubism, another Beginner difficulty map.
Like other Beginner difficulty maps, Frozen Over has no obvious or at the very least, intrusive objects to cause issue with the Line of Sight mechanic, as a minor ice shelf can clip minor segments to an unfortunately positioned Sniper Monkey. Placing any tower on top of this shelf eliminates the Line of Sight inhibition, and is largely there to interfere with Banana Farm placement.
- The many small triangular sections of the map allows for great use of Tack Shooters or Ice Monkeys.
- One of the larger ice flows between the square and two triangles of the bloon track serves as an excellent vantage point, as towers like Super Monkey or Heroes like Captain Churchill have great range to cover a long portion of the track due to its tightly packed nature.
- The water patch in the center of the map is fantastic for the heavy hitting water towers like the Destroyer.
- There is a primitive looking Monkey encased in the ice alongside other bloons of various types.
- Strangely enough, despite being immune to ice, one of these bloons is a White Bloon.
- This track's shape bears a striking resemblance to Cubism. Both tracks contain sharp, triangle like bends.