Frozen Over consists of a large, practically barren ice field with large fractures in the ice starting to appear, leaving several small flows for land towers to be placed upon next to the track and several pools of stationary water for towers which utilize that terrain type.
The Bloons enter the map at the bottom left corner and follow the moving current to the end at the top right of the screen. The layout has many straight lines and is comparable to Cubism, another Beginner difficulty map.
Like other Beginner Difficulty maps, Frozen Over has no obvious or at the very least, intrusive objects to cause issue with the Line of Sight mechanic, as a minor ice shelf can clip minor segments to an unfortunately positioned Sniper Monkey. Placing any tower on top of this shelf eliminates the Line of Sight inhibition, and is largely there to interfere with Banana Farm placement.
As of version 17.0, there is an easter egg to this map. If Mortar Monkeys are targetted to where the Cave Monkey is at the bottom right corner of the map, it can be freed after a few hits. The Cave Monkey acts like a level 1 Pat Fusty, but it briefly stuns bloons that are hit.
- The many small triangular sections of the map allows for great use of Tack Shooters or Ice Monkeys.
- One of the larger ice flows between the square and two triangles of the bloon track serves as an excellent vantage point, as towers like Super Monkey or Heroes like Captain Churchill have great range to cover a long portion of the track due to its tightly packed nature.
- The water patch in the center of the map is fantastic for the heavy hitting water towers like the Destroyer.
An easter egg was added for Frozen Over on version 17.0 where the Cave Monkey can be freed as an attacking tower.
- There is a primitive looking Cave Monkey encased in the ice alongside other bloons of various types.
- Strangely enough, despite being immune to ice, one of these bloons is a White Bloon.
- This track's shape bears a striking resemblance to Cubism. Both tracks contain sharp, triangle like bends.
- This is the first Beginner Map to have a special feature, the second map is Lotus Island.