|“||Increases accuracy of the Dartling Gun.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Focused Firing is the first upgrade for Path 1 for the Dartling Gunner in Bloons TD 6. This upgrade increases the accuracy of the Dartling Gunner by decreasing the random projectile deviation for all its attacks by 60%, from radius ~18 to ~7.2. This equates to a decreased projectile deviation from 20° each side to 8°. For Buckshots, buckshot projectiles last +25% longer in addition to 60% decreased projectile deviation.
Focused Firing changes the metal ring around the three barrels from green to gold, whilst also adding a gold stripe along the main body of the gun, including the handle. It also adds a red laser sight to the barrel, and the gold emblem on the gunner's helmet gains a red dot in the center.
When used as a crosspath, the gold band around the barrels, as well as the red dot on the monkey's helmet, are both present.
Focused Firing tightens the Dartling Gunner's maximum projectile deviation by 60%, from 20° to around 8°, or from a radius of 18 to ~7.2. This also applies to the larger spread of Buckshot and Rocket Storm's ability, reducing their maximum deviation by 60% as well, from 30° to 12° for Buckshot, and 130° to 52° for Rocket Storm.
Additionally, Focused Firing, when paired with Buckshot, grants 25% longer lifespan, for a total distance of 162.5 units traveled, increased from 130.
Focused Firing customly aims based on direction and angle of where the Dartling points towards. It shoots straight movement projectiles controlled in a aim-based mobile style guided by touch-based mobility, albeit with slight amounts of erratic angular deviation.
- Normal: Rotates towards the direction of where the player last tapped. On desktop versions, always rotates towards direction of the cursor inside the game.
- Locked: Locks the Dartling in place. By default, locks at center of map, but can be adjusted in the same way as a Mortar Monkey. On desktop versions, using a hotkey to switch to Locked will default to wherever the mouse currently is pointing.
Purely for providing extra accuracy, it is helpful for the Dartling Gun to specifically be more accurate against longer distances. When paired with Faster Swivel, the Dartling Gun becomes optimized for both micromanagement and reduced randomness, but it sacrifices potential for camo detection or internal extra attack speed.
- Purchase Focused Firing if shooting at longer distances is a priority, as it helps with making shots more accurate across long distances.
- Focused Firing is less effective for Buckshot and its upgrades. While it theoretically helps to improve upon the potential for multiple projectiles to hit a single target, important targets such as grouped bloons or MOAB-class have large hitboxes where they can be damaged. Faster Barrel Spin provides both consistency in shots and more firepower overall, and also comes with the benefit of having camo detection.
- Focused Firing with Hydra Rocket Pods is useful for allowing the Hydra Rocket Pods to shoot along straightaway lanes more reliably, but it takes away the potential to add extra explosions.
- The target reticle for Focused Firing Dartling is smaller than that from the Increased Accuracy Mortar.
- This difference wasn't visible until Version 23.0 where a small UI change allowed for the target reticles of Dartlings to scale according to accuracy quantities.