|“||Every few seconds casts an explosive fireball spell.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Fireball is the first upgrade of Path 2 for the Wizard Monkey in Bloons TD 6, making a reappearance in this game. It gives the Wizard Monkey with a fireball attack, shot every 2.2s. Upon collision with a bloon, the fireball will create a small explosion, popping up to 18 bloons caught in it. The fireball explosion cannot pop Black or Zebra Bloons, though the explosion can pop any other type. However, fireball explosions cannot happen if the fireballs come in contact with Purple Bloons, as Purple Bloons will simply absorb whole fireballs unharmed.
The Wizard Monkey's wizard cap gains an orange-red hatband. On the official upgrade portrait, the Wizard holds up a flame with his right hand.
The following is a list of statistics of a Wizard Monkey with Fireball. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the boxes on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, energy type, detects partial hitbox, 40 range, 1.1s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 3 pierce.
- Projectile, fire type, detects partial hitbox, 40 range, 2.2s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 18 pierce, 10 blast radius.
- Crosspathing interactions
- Bolt ignores Line of Sight
- Fireball ignores Line of Sight
- Base tower gains camo detection, and all new attacks can affect camo
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Magic
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Wizard Monkey with Fireball. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base attack(s)
- Updated as of Version 30.1
|Upgrade Cost (x-1-x)||$255||$300||$325||$360|
|Total Cost (0-1-0)||$TBA||$675||$730||$TBA|
|Total Cost (1-1-0)||$TBA||$825||$TBA||$TBA|
|Total Cost (2-1-0)||$TBA||$1,425||$TBA||$TBA|
|Total Cost (0-1-1)||$TBA||$975||$TBA||$TBA|
|Total Cost (0-1-2)||$TBA||$1,275||$TBA||$1,380|
Fireball allows the Wizard Monkey to gain a cheap way to pop Lead, as well as slightly increases the Wizard Monkey's potential for grouped popping power. It is not very reliable, but it is helpful as cheap popping power versus Camo Leads when paired with Monkey Sense. Fireball can also be used to solo Purple rounds, hence letting Wizards pop Purples for cheap, but requires extremely precise timing.
- The blast radius for Fireball is quite small, at 10 blast radius. As such, treat this attack like a slow-shooting unupgraded Bomb Shooter.
- In BTD6, this upgrade can pop Purples if the original projectile hits a non-Purple bloon and triggers an explosion. This is due to the original fireball being fire damage type but the explosion created being explosion damage type. This has been used in Wizards Only CHIMPS.
- This upgrade is generally discouraged over Intense Magic and Monkey Sense when pursuing top path Wizard upgrades like Archmage.
- 0-1-2 Wizard is the cheapest possible grouped Camo Lead popping power outside of Heroes, but it is not a reliable source of Camo Lead popping power outside of beating the Round 24 ABR Camo Lead.
- There was an interaction with Fireball that allowed the explosions to pop Camo Bloons even without camo detection. This was no longer possible as of Version 12.0, as this interaction has been patched.
- Fireballs are among many projectiles whose standard damage types of the initial hit and Burst are different, that being Fire and Explosion , respectively.
- In the game files, there were planned sounds for hurling a fireball, five filenames named from FireBall01.ogg to Fireball05.ogg. These sounds were instead used for spawning Wall of Fire.