Bloons TD 4Edit
Fireball is the second upgrade for the Monkey Apprentice and allows the Monkey Apprentice to use it as an additional projectile to choose from. Without Fireball, the Monkey Apprentice in Bloons TD 4 cannot pop Lead Bloons alone.
Bloons TD 5Edit
Fireball is the first upgrade on Path 2; it is an additional projectile used by the Monkey Apprentice in Bloons TD 5. This new attack creates a small explosion, popping all bloons caught in it. This upgrade costs $255 on Easy, $300 on Medium and $325 on Hard. The fireball's popping power by itself is 40.
Bloons TD 6Edit
The Fireball upgrade makes a reappearance in Bloons TD 6. As before, this attack creates a small explosion, popping all bloons caught in it. The fireball explosion cannot pop Black or Zebra Bloons, though the explosion can pop any other type. However, fireball explosions cannot become released if they contact Purple Bloons, as Purple Bloons will simply absorb whole fireballs unharmed.
- In BTD6, this upgrade can pop Purples if the original projectile hits a non-Purple bloon and triggers an explosion. This is due to the original fireball being fire damage type but the explosion created being explosion damage type. This was used in Wizards Only CHIMPS.
- In Bloons TD 5, the fireball looks like the Dreadnought Premium Upgrade when its launched by the Monkey Buccaneer, but it is simply a big fireball in Bloons TD 4.
- The fireball can pop Black and Zebra Bloons despite exploding.
- This is not the case for BTD5 Mobile and BMC Mobile, because the fireball explosion is more like a regular bomb explosion.
- In BTD4, The Fireball explosion can pop all black and zebras
- In BTD5, Only the Fireballs that directly hit the black and zebras will pop it, the explosion around it do not pop them.
- The explosion is bigger in Bloons TD 4 than Bloons TD 5.
- The BTD5 Artwork is closing her right eye and shows her teeth but the BMC artwork shows that she is angry and showing her teeth.
- In BTD4, this upgrade changes its name to Monkey Mage.