|“||Drops an exploding pineapple every few seconds.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Exploding Pineapple is the first upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Ace in BTD6. It allows the Monkey Ace to drop pineapple bombs every three seconds that explode after three seconds. Each pineapple has 20 pierce with a small blast radius (around 20 blast radius).
It costs $170 on Easy, $200 on Medium, $215 on Hard, and $240 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Exploding Pineapples serves as a source of additional popping power as the Monkey Ace moves around. The greatest downside comes from the 3-second cooldown timer of each pineapple, which may lead them missing bloons often. It is not the most reliable source of popping power, but it deals extra popping power nonetheless for a low price.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade is usually useless outside of Race Events and Apopalypse Mode, and even then it has minuscule popping power. However, every little extra pop does count towards obtaining the Bomber Ace much quicker on Races, and Exploding Pineapple can save a decent chunk of lives if starting with a Monkey Ace.
- Pineapples can provide extra pops for the Monkey Aces every once in a while, but this upgrade should not be the main source of lead-popping power, due to the slow and random nature of pineapple deployment.
- Exploding Pineapples is affected by the +66% attack speed buff from Rapid Fire, but it is not at all affected by any other Path 1 upgrade. Sharper Darts improves pierce of pineapples from 20 to 32, but otherwise there's simply no point improving the weak pineapple attacks.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Base Exploding Pineapple bomb pierce decreased (40 --> 20)
- 0-1-1 Exploding Pineapple bomb pierce decreased (40 --> 32)
Gallery[edit | edit source]