|“||Shoots out 12 tacks per shot and increases Ring of Fire damage further.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Even More Tacks is the second upgrade of Path 3 for the Tack Shooter in BTD6. It allows the Tack Shooter to shoot 12 tacks instead of 10. Unlike More Tacks, its previous upgrade, Even More Tacks can shoot directly horizontally and directly below the Tack Shooter, as its tack formation is now similar to the number spacings of an analogue clock.
It costs $85 on Easy, $100 on Medium, $110 on Hard, and $120 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Similarly to its previous upgrade, More Tacks, Even More Tacks adds +4 bonus projectiles compared to a base Tack Shooter. As such, it is usually used as a cheap way to improve a low-tier Tack Shooter in Tack Shooter earlygames. It is a more effective version of its previous upgrade, serving as a cheaper version of the Tack Sprayer upgrade without the extra attack speed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A 0-0-2 Tack Shooter can be purchased immediately before a round starts in up to Impoppable Mode, provided the player has at least $650 to start off with.
- As a low-cost upgrade compared to the Tack Sprayer, it is a useful lower upgrade for earlier rounds. Upgrading to Tack Sprayer is usually the most likely crosspath for utilizing the increase of projectiles.
- One of the best uses of Even More Tacks besides further upgrading their subsequent upgrades is in combination with Hot Shots. This will allow the Tack Shooter to deal excellent spaced bloon damage. Similarly occurs when upgrading further to Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring, but instead is far superior as effective damage versus stronger bloons.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring no longer gain +20 pierce with Even More Tacks
- Even More Tacks now grants Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring with +1 damage (3 --> 4, 4 --> 5 respectively)
- Description updated to reflect these buffs.
- Changed from "Shoots out 12 tacks per shot." to "Shoots out 12 tacks per shot and increases damage for Ring of Fire."
- Even More Tacks now adds more damage bonus to Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring (+1 --> +2).
- Description updated to reflect these buffs
- Changed from "Shoots out 12 tacks per shot and increases damage for Ring of Fire" to "Shoots out 12 tacks per shot and increases Ring of Fire damage further".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even More Tacks adds extra damage to Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring despite neither upgrade involving shooting tacks. This is likely because the increased number of fire barrels increases the intensity of the flame attack, thus can affect more bloons at once.
- Prior to Version 20.0, both Even More Tacks and More Tacks affected pierce, but this has since changed to a damage bonus for exclusively the Even More Tacks upgrade.
- But since Version 21.0, the damage buff now applies to both Path 3 upgrades.
- It is the cheapest Tier 2 upgrade in the game, costing only $100 on Medium.