Epic Range is an upgrade to the Super Monkey, introduced in Bloons Tower Defense. It increases the Super Monkey's range to cover almost the entire screen. It was removed in Bloons Tower Defense 4, but it returned in Bloons Tower Defense 5. A Super Monkey with Epic Range upgrade and a Monkey Beacon beside will cover 9/10 of the screen or even the entire tracks (depending on the track) in BTD3, but is less powerful in BTD5, covering only around 1/4 of the screen without a Monkey Beacon. It costs $1275 on Easy, $1500 on Medium, $1620 on Hard and $1800 on Impoppable. In BTD6, It costs $1190 on Easy, 1400 on Medium, $1510 on Hard, and $1680 on Impoppable. It also increases the pierce of Super Monkey by 1 and increase projectille speed by 25%, making it miss less.
- Epic Range is useful for ensuring that MOAB-class bloons are always being hit by the Super Monkey, which is definitely very helpful at taking down the high-health blimps.
- In BTD6, Epic Range is helpful for piercing through lots of bloons from far away at a reasonably good accuracy or close bloons with noticeably superior accuracy. Occasionally, it may be even better than adding Knockback upgrade.
Epic Range now gives attacks pierce +1
Epic Range now gives attacks projectile speed +25%
- Noticeably, the upgrade button in Bloons TD 5 shows that the dart is colored like a Super Monkey.
- The Super Monkey with this upgrade wears goggles similar to the Night Vision Goggles Sniper Monkey.
- In the mobile versions of BTD5 and BTDB, the Epic Range artwork salutes with the left hand instead of the right hand.