|“||Reduces ability cooldowns everywhere by 20%. While in radius, heroes earn XP 50% faster and water Monkey ability cooldowns are halved.||”|
|~ Upgrade description in BTD6.|
The Energizer is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Monkey Sub in BTD6. It makes Heroes earn XP 50% faster, reduces cooldowns of all water Monkeys in the radius by 50% (doesn't stack with Bloontonium Reactor), as well as reducing ability cooldowns for ALL other towers on screen by 20%. It also increases the pierce of the Bloontonium Reactor attack from 70 to 1000 and the damage from 1 to 3.
It costs $27,200 on Easy, $32,000 on Medium, $34,560 on Hard, and $38,400 on Impoppable.
- As of Version 18.0, crosspaths for submerged Energizer do matter: +20% pierce with Barbed Darts and +1 lead damage with Heat-Tipped Darts, or increased pulse rates for Path 3. Use 5-0-2, as this will benefit its submerging attack much better than its already high pierce. On most occasions though, 5-0-0 is enough, as it doesn't do much damage for late-game.
- This upgrade is very useful when defenses are ability-heavy, particularly with income-related abilities such as Jungle's Bounty, Supply Drop, and Support Chinook's Crate Drop Ability.
- It is worth noting that the Energizer affects the life-loss passive abilities of Bomb Blitz, Elite Defender and Legend of the Night.
- Do try placing Pat Fusty nearby the Energizer for the 50% reduced ability cooldown benefits and the extra hero XP benefits. Otherwise he only receives the 20% reduced ability cooldown benefit like land towers do.
- Admiral Brickell is the best hero to pair with Energizer, because her abilities are highly effective for water-based terrain
- The visual indicator in the buffs section above a tower inconsistently displays the submerged and unsubmerged buffs. Additionally, sometimes, the bug shows both sprites indicating a submerged and unsubmerged buff. This bug has been known since 12.0 and occurs as of 14.0.
Update History (BTD6)Edit
Energizer now pops more bloons (30 --> 1000)
Energizer also reduces ability cooldowns of all other towers on screen by 20%.
Energizer radiation deals more damage per pop (1 --> 3)
Now (correctly) applies bonus XP to Heroes.
Energizer no longer applies 50% ability cooldown for nearby non-water towers.
Energizer price reduced from $40,000 to $32,000.
- Energizer has more range (50 --> 52)
- 5-0-1 Energizer gains increased damage pulse rate (0.3s -> 0.255s)
- 5-0-2 Energizer gains increased damage pulse rate (0.3s -> 0.19125s)
- 5-1-0 Energizer gains 20% increased pierce from 1000 -> 1200
- 5-2-0 Energizer deals +1 damage to Leads
- Energizer submerge attack deals 2x damage if nearby Sub Commander, including crosspath benefits.
- The description used to be "Hero earns XP 50% faster while in Energizer's radius. Cooldowns for abilities of water Monkeys in the radius are halved." but has changed due to the changes in Version 2.0.0.
- The XP boost only works for Heroes in the radius, as verified by Challenge Editor.
- When crosspathed with upgrades on the bottom path, two guns appear on the bottom of the Energizer.
- Since Pat Fusty can be placed on water or land, he can benefit from either 50% ability cooldown or 20% depending on where he is placed.
- Energizer was used to complete the first ever 2 towers C.H.I.M.P.S. with The Anti-Bloon. It no longer works now, but recently in 17.0 it was used with Dark Champion in 2 towers C.H.I.M.P.S. because of the latter’s buff in the update.