|“||Supply Drop gives much more cash. Grants Elite targeting prio and faster reload to all snipers.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Elite Sniper is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Supply Drop ability to drop more cash per drop (increases the money gained from $500-$1000 to $1500-$2500), as well as allowing all Snipers (including itself) to gain a new 'elite' targeting option along with improving global attack speed for all snipers by 33%. It costs $11,050 on Easy, $13,000 on Medium, $14,040 on Hard, and $15,600 on Impoppable.
Elite Sniper will gain an improved Supply Drop ability for itself, which grants extra cash per ability from itself, an approximately 150% attack speed boost for itself, a 33% attack speed buff to all other Snipers on screen, and a new "Elite" target priority.
Cosmetically, Elite Sniper will gain a more complex set of goggles, along with a full-black disguise wig and a high-tech support backpack.
This upgrade allows all Snipers (including itself) to gain the Elite targeting setting.
The elite targeting option saves the players from microing too often; when set to elite, Snipers will target Strong Bloons normally and then change targeting to First when bloons are near the exit. Snipers set to Elite will also prioritize Ceramic Bloons over MOAB-Class Bloons.
- Generally, a 2-5-0 Elite Sniper is better than a 0-5-2 Elite Sniper, due to the extra damage per shot.
Version History (BTD6)
Added global reload speed boost to all Sniper Monkeys when an Elite Sniper is purchased.
Elite Sniper automatically changes target priority to Elite upon purchase.
Elite Sniper price reduced ($16,000 → $13,000)
Supply Drop (along with other income-based abilities) now undergo the full initial cooldown before initial ability usage
Main bullets from the Elite Sniper now deal +2 damage to Camo Bloons.
- Shrapnel Shot reworked to eject in a 45 degree arc instead of 360
- Shrapnel Shot now shoots 5 shrapnel pieces instead of 8.
- Shrapnel Shot now produces shrapnel once upon every attack instead of only when entire bloon is destroyed
- The Elite Sniper is now the cheapest Tier-5 for the upgrade alone ($13000 on Medium but costs ~$22000 on Medium for a 0-5-0 Sniper). However, Ultra-Juggernaut is the cheapest Tier-5 in the game (5-0-0 Dart costs around ~$17000 on Medium).
- Elite Sniper is very slightly slower than a Sniper with Even Faster Firing.