|“||Supply Drop gives much more cash. Grants Elite targeting prio and faster reload to all snipers.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Elite Sniper is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Supply Drop ability to drop more cash per drop (increases the money gained from $500-$1000 to $1500-$2500), as well as allowing all Snipers (including itself) to gain a new 'elite' targeting option along with improving global attack speed for all snipers by 33%, while also gaining 150% attack speed boost for itself.
It costs $11,050 on Easy, $13,000 on Medium, $14,040 on Hard, and $15,600 on Impoppable.
Description[edit | edit source]
Elite Sniper will gain an improved Supply Drop ability for itself, which grants extra cash per ability from itself, an approximately 150% attack speed boost for itself, a 33% attack speed buff to all other Snipers on screen, and a new "Elite" target priority.
Cosmetically, Elite Sniper will gain a more complex set of goggles, along with a full-black disguise wig and a high-tech support backpack.
Elite Targeting[edit | edit source]
This upgrade allows all Snipers (including itself) to gain the Elite targeting setting.
The elite targeting option saves the players from microing too often; when set to elite, Snipers will target Strong Bloons normally and then change targeting to First when bloons are near the exit. Snipers set to Elite will also prioritize Ceramic Bloons over MOAB-Class Bloons.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Alone, the Elite Sniper is not very effective at dealing damage, even though it has a considerably higher attack speed than its previous upgrades. Its main power, however, comes from buffing the attack speed of all other Snipers on screen, as well as its higher value cash crates. Since the Elite Sniper increases the firing speed of all Sniper Monkeys on screen, this upgrade is extremely useful for players with many Sniper Monkeys, especially with Maim MOABs, Cripple MOAB, Full Auto Rifles, and Elite Defender.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Generally, a 2-5-0 Elite Sniper is better than a 0-5-2 Elite Sniper, due to the extra damage per shot. But with the Shrapnel Shot reworks, a 0-5-2 Elite Sniper may be a better choice if granted extra support, especially when paired with Alchemist buffs.
- It is usually a good idea not to buy this upgrade for the enhanced money crates unless the primarily Supply Drop Sniper defense is highly struggling. This is because increased attack speed to all Snipers would reduce the stalling of rounds.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Added global reload speed boost to all Sniper Monkeys when an Elite Sniper is purchased.
Elite Sniper automatically changes target priority to Elite upon purchase.
Elite Sniper price reduced ($16,000 → $13,000)
Supply Drop (along with other income-based abilities) now undergo the full initial cooldown before initial ability usage
Main bullets from the Elite Sniper now deal +2 damage to Camo Bloons.
- Shrapnel Shot reworked to eject in a 45 degree arc instead of 360
- Shrapnel Shot now shoots 5 shrapnel pieces instead of 8.
- Shrapnel Shot now produces shrapnel once upon every attack instead of only when entire bloon is destroyed
- Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Elite Sniper is now the cheapest Tier-5 for the upgrade alone ($13000 on Medium but costs ~$22000 on Medium for a 0-5-0 Sniper). However, Ultra-Juggernaut is the cheapest Tier-5 in the game (5-0-0 Dart costs around ~$17000 on Medium).
- Elite Sniper is very slightly slower than a Sniper with Even Faster Firing prior to the reworks of the Sniper attack speed, but now it is very slightly faster than a Sniper with Even Faster Firing.
- Elite Sniper is the 75th unique 2MPC tower upgrade listed on the fan-official 2MPC spreadsheet, as shown here. This is the second time a new unique Sniper 2MPC was achieved. Interestingly, the 0-5-2 Elite Sniper crosspath was used to achieve this, not the 2-5-0 Elite Sniper.