|“||A lost life gives this Sniper 4x attack speed for a short time in retaliation||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Elite Defender is the final upgrade of Path 3 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It makes the Sniper shoot 2x faster, as well as attack 1% faster for every 1% of the track the bloons reach, up to 100%, on top of a passive ability that allows the Elite Defender to shoot an additional 4x quicker than normal for 7 seconds when a life is lost for a total of a 16x multiplier compared to a Full Auto Rifle. It costs $11,900 on Easy, $14,000 on Medium, $15,120 on Hard, and $16,800 on Impoppable.
Primary attack speed increased by 2x (stacks with its ability)
Elite Defender now grants a speed boost equal to the % of the track that the bloons have covered. E.g. If the bloons are half way through the map Elite Defender will grant 50% attack speed. If the bloons are three quarters through the map, Elite Defender will grans 75% attack speed. (It retains its bonus when lives are lost)
Elite Defender now activates passive ability when Ezili's Sacrifice Totem is activated
- There is a 10 second cooldown period between ability activations before the Elite Defender can reactivate its passive ability again.
- A Monkey Knowledge perk exists named Master Defender that removes the cooldown period between ability activations.
- On certain longer maps, such as Logs and Four Circles, if supported by the reload boost from an Elite Sniper, a 2/0/5 Sniper Monkey has the potential to single-handedly destroy a Z.O.M.G.
- An Elite Defender has a ~30.8x attack speed multiplier than a regular Sniper, ?x when bloons are at the end of the track; ~123x while the ability is active and ?x when the bloons are at the end of the track.
- There was a bug in version 9.0 in its passive ability: it is broken and doesn't activate at all when a life is lost. This was fixed in version 10.0.
- Despite the description saying "When a life is lost", the ability will still be activated when Bloons leak but the lives aren't lost (such as when using Legend of the Night).
- Sometimes, when the ability is activated with a high enough reload speed, the Elite Defender will play it's idle animation while still firing.