|“||Calls a vine from the ground to entangle and crush Bloons one at a time.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
The Druid of the Jungle is the 2nd Path 3rd Tier upgrade of the Druid in BTD6. It causes a vine to appear from the ground and grab one non-MOAB Bloon anywhere on the map, immobilizing it and draining its layers until it is fully popped. It will then repeat the cycle with another Bloon once the original is fully popped. The stronger the bloons are, the longer it takes to get rid of them, although the popping is simply an animation. This ability can target Lead and Purple Bloons, but not Camo without support.
The upgrade costs $805 on Easy, $950 on Medium, $1,025 on Hard, and $1,140 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The main virtue of Druid of the Jungle comes from its instakills versus Ceramics via its vines. Although quite slow, several Druids of the Jungle can be used to instantly take down considerable groups of Ceramics on difficult mid-game rounds reliably.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The vine attack always uses Strong targeting; as such, the Druid can be assigned other targetting options for its other attacks without "wasting" the vine.
- It is recommended to use against Ceramic Bloons from MOABs as they can be quickly destroyed especially if a large amount of them if present.
- In large groups, these Druids are extremely powerful and can even remove the threats of heavy Ceramic rushes such as Round 63 and Round 76.
- Two Druids of the Jungle can deal with the Ceramics spawned from the MOAB on Round 40, assuming the initial layer is popped.
- The vine will only grab another bloon once the original has been popped
- Attack speed buffs have no effect on the attack speed or the damage over time of this upgrade
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the last Bloon left is grabbed by a vine, the round will end automatically.
- This is due to the fact that a grabbed bloon is treated by the game as popped, there is simply an animation to remove it from the screen, similar to that of Monkey Pirates.
- This is one of the few upgrades that can instantly destroy a Ghost Bloon. The others being Obyn Greenfoot's Wall of Trees, Bomb Blitz, Legend of the Night, Engineer Monkey's all Bloon Traps (even rewards $0) and Bloon Master Alchemist.
- A bug in update 8.0 allowed Druid of the Jungle nearby Striker Jones with Level 9+ to instakill MOAB-class bloons, including the BAD, to reveal the children bloons. It was fixed in update 8.1.