|“||Spews endless flames at nearby Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 upgrade description|
Dragon's Breath is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Wizard Monkey to shoot out an endless stream of flames at bloons (specifically one flame per 0.1s), alongside creating regular Fireballs and Walls of Fire from the respective preceding Path 2 upgrades. Interestingly, a Wizard Monkey with Dragon's Breath upgrade can now deploy Walls of Fire at a faster rate (per 4.5 seconds as opposed to per 5.5 seconds). Each flame also applies a burn effect like Burny Stuff, dealing 1 layer of damage per 1.5 seconds for 3 seconds. However, Dragon's Breath no longer has automatic Camo detection because Monkey Sense is now a Path 3 upgrade.
It costs $2550 on Easy, $3000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard, and $3600 on Impoppable.
- 0-3-2 Wizards are the preferred crosspath when getting this upgrade. Unfortunately, the flames are neither able to pass through walls or do +1 damage, even with top-path upgrades. Bottom path upgrades, however, increase pierce and grant camo detection correctly, making it superior.
- Initial release (BTD5 comparison)
Cost of Dragon's Breath decreased ($4200 --> $3600)
Some upgrade paths have been changed, affecting some upgrade choices.
Dragon's Breath no longer has Monkey Sense by default.
Cost of Dragon's Breath decreased ($3600 --> $3000)
Dragon's Breath range now (correctly) increases with Wizard Monkey upgrades
Dragon's Breath now applies a burn Damage Over Time equal to Mortar's Burny Stuff to any Bloon it touches.
1-3-0 Wizard now uses tower targeting priority to guide the Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire pierce decreased (20 --> 15). Requires Intense Magic for 20 pierce Walls of Fire.
0-3-1 Dragon's Breath crosspath benefits now increase pierce of Dragon's Breath from 4 to 6.
- In BTD6, Intense Magic increases its pierce. However, Arcane Blast doesn't increase its damage. This may be a bug.
- The initial BTD6 Dragon's Breath price is the same as the first price reduction to the Dragon's Breath upgrade in Bloons TD Battles Mobile and the only price reduction on Bloons TD Battles Flash.
- The XP requirement for Dragon's Breath, 2600 XP, is the same amount as the cost of the Dragon's Breath upgrade in Bloons TD Battles Mobile ($2600).
- Dragon's Breath is the 74th unique 2MPC tower upgrade listed on the fan-official 2MPC spreadsheet, as shown here. This is also the second debut of a new 2MPC tower on the Version 19.x series, specifically on Version 19.2. It is also a downgrade of the entry for Summon Phoenix done just one day earlier.