|“||Blows Bloons away from the Heli, back toward the entrance.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Downdraft is the third upgrade of Path 2 for the Heli Pilot in BTD6. Similarly to the BTD5 counterpart, Downdraft will regularly blow bloons backwards with its rotors, similar to the tornadoes from Druid of the Storm or the effects of Ninja Monkey's Distraction upgrade. The Heli Pilot will periodically produce bursts of wind that are capable of blowing back up to 1 bloon every 0.15s, equivalent to around ~6.67 bloons per second. Considering its consistent blowback power, it is best used against strong non-MOAB-class bloons like Ceramic Bloons (especially against Super Ceramics).
It costs $2,550 on Easy, $3,000 on Medium, $3,240 on Hard, and $3,600 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Downdraft is one of the most useful blowback towers in the game, due to its effective manual control and consistent blowback. It sees the most use in late-game runs when used to reduce progress of Super Ceramics from particular areas along the track, particularly in CHIMPS Mode. Often, it is used for stalling, paired with 0-1-2 Ice Monkeys for near-infinite stalling.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- There is no major advantage of using crosspathing, so using 0-3-0 is generally sufficient for applying consistent blowback against bloons, unless more bloons must be blown back or if automatic targeting is necessary.
- Try the Pursuit upgrade for relatively easy blowback against the Ceramics that spawn from MOABs.
- Alternatively, if manual micromanagement is preferred, use the 0-3-2 Downdraft (with Faster Firing) for a faster blowback rate.
- Pair this with 0-1-2 Ice Monkeys for good stalling of Super Ceramics.
Update History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- 030 blow rate reduced from 0.125 -> 0.15
- 032 blow rate increased from 0.125 -> 0.12
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, this upgrade costs $500 more than in BTD5 for the upgrade alone ($3000 instead of $2500), but overall a 0-3-0 costs $400 more than the respective BTD5 crosspath counterpart due to the Bigger Jets cost decrease and base Heli Pilot cost increase.
- There is a strange interaction with Downdraft and Monkey Intelligence Bureau whereby MIB allows Downdraft to blowback Leads but not Frozen, even though Downdraft normally blowbacks neither Frozen nor Lead.