|“||Double ship weapons fired.||”|
|~ BTD6 description, as of Version 17.0|
This article is about the upgrade for the Monkey Buccaneer. For the Ninja Monkey upgrade of the same name, see Double Shot (Ninja Monkey).
Double Shot is the 2nd upgrade on the top path for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD6. It makes the Monkey Buccaneer's main cannon fire two darts side by side every shot. As of Version 17.0, this affects Grape Shot or Hot Shot too, but it will still not affect Cannon Ship or Monkey Pirates cannon bombs.
It costs $425 on Easy, $500 on Medium, $540 on Hard, and $600 on Impoppable.
- Due to the fact that this upgrade indirectly increases pierce and damage, positioning is important, long straight are ideal for this tower. This is especially so when upgrading to Destroyer.
- It's worth upgrading with Grape Shot, as it doubles the numbers of grapes as well. This is especially good with Destroyer.
- When the "Bigger Bunch" MK is purchased, it's possible to get 12 grapes per shot normally or 24 when the grapes are shot from both sides.
- However, that renders the Buccaneer unable to detect camos without support.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Double Shot now also doubles the numbers of grapes as well.
- This is the only Buccaneer upgrade to share names with an already existing upgrade (shared by Ninja Monkey's Double Shot), since Buccaneer's Hot Shot upgrade name is only slightly different from Tack Shooter's Hot Shots upgrade.
- This upgrade turns the Buccaneer's wooden boat hull into a steel boat hull.