|“||Throws 2 shurikens at once.||”|
Double Shot is the 3rd upgrade on Path 1 for the Ninja Monkey in BTD6. This upgrade allows the Ninja Monkey to throw 2 shurikens per shot instead of 1. However, unlike BTD5, it is not possible to crosspath a Double Shot with both Distraction and Seeking Shuriken.
Just like in BTD5, it costs $720 on Easy, $850 on Medium, $920 on Hard, and $1,020 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Double Shot Ninja is not a particularly strong tower overall, although with the Seeking Shuriken crosspath it is decent at carrying the early-game before Rainbow Bloons. Its main use is as a stepping stone for Bloonjitsu. Most of the Double Shot's power will come with its crosspaths, each with their own specializations for the Ninja Monkey. And just like Bloonjitsu, a Double Shot Ninja is a good option to pair with Berserker Brew specifically for the extra damage and pierce.
For Path 3, Seeking Shuriken is great for optimize each of its shurikens, allowing the shuriken attacks to easy essentially deal 2 damage per shot from each 1-damage shuriken, while Caltrops can be added to give the Ninja additional popping power via an additional caltrop attack. For Path 2, Distraction and Counter-Espionage can assist with difficult rounds in the mid-game.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Seeking Shuriken is useful to ensure consistent performance of the Ninja Monkey, unlike Distraction, which is luck-based.
- Caltrops is a strong crosspath option as the Caltrops deal decent overall damage.
- Distraction and Counter-Espionage are still good options, however both are luck based. They can be used to assist with rounds where a small amount of Camo Bloons or strong bloons (mainly Ceramic Bloons) are present, such as Round 40, where the Ninja can be used to distract the Ceramics or Round 51, where the Ninja can decamo and distract the Ceramics.
- Do add damage buffs such as Berserker Brew nearby, as it will allow the shurikens to effectively deal much greater damage and popping power than if the same Berserker Brew were to buff a different tower.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, the Double Shot ninja looks identical to the BTD5 Bloonjitsu Master.
- When not under range of discount-based towers (Monkey Business, Monkey Commerce, etc), the Double Shot upgrade in Impoppable with the Cheaper Doubles MK ($1020 - $100 = $920) costs the same as the Double Shot upgrade in Hard without the Cheaper Doubles MK ($920).