|“||Two guns for twice the fun.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Double Gun is the 3rd upgrade of Path 3 for the Engineer Monkey. It allows the Engineer to attack with two nailguns instead of one, allowing the Engineer to attack twice as fast alternating with each of its guns. Double Gun inherits the properties of the preceding Pin upgrade. It only affects the Engineer's nailgun and not its sentries.
It costs $425 on Easy, $500 on Medium, $540 on Hard, and $600 on Impoppable.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Generally speaking, a 2-0-3 Double Gun is better than a 0-2-3 Double Gun. The sentries have 3 pierce per shot due to the benefits of Oversize Nails crosspath with sentries, and they will deal overall more damage all-round compared to the benefits of longer range and the extra MOAB damage and Fortified damage from the Path 2 upgrades. However, 0-2-3 Double Gun is far cheaper, and works better along straight lines.
- This upgrade is a helpful early-game tower for general stalling of bloons for a rather low price.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade was memed by the community, being featured in "Don't mess with my son ever again!" memes due to its design being similar to the Robo-Monkey.
- 2 0-1-3 Engineers can beat up to 25 Rainbow Bloons, or 6 Ceramic Bloons on Logs. (Tested in Hard Sandbox with 5 spacing; they can beat 26-28 with some life loss and maybe 26 NLL with some RNG) 3 are required to beat a M.O.A.B.
- The concept of the Double Gun upgrade is likely a reference to the Engineer from Team Fortress 2, specifically from the Meet the Engineer trailer where Engineer tells the viewers that he solves practical problems regarding self-protection with "more gun": "The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work, use more gun."