|“||Attacks super duper fast!||”|
|~ BTD5 description|
Destroyer (BTD5) is the third upgrade for the first path for the Monkey Buccaneer. It allows the tower to shoot heavy darts (but not Grapes) five times as fast. This is very useful against large amounts of bloons in the higher levels. They can also spot camo bloons if the player bought Crow's Nest. They fire very fast when attacking multiple targets. The pierce of the heavy darts is higher than that of normal darts, so Destroyer beats Super Monkey in cutting down bloon crowds. It costs $1870 on Easy, $2200 on Medium, $2375 on Hard, and $2640 on Impoppable.
In BTD6, Destroyer returns as the third upgrade of Path 1. See this page for more info.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
First of all, the Destroyer gets bigger in size. Now it is equivalent to 3 regular towers. This upgrade adds two extra cannons. One on the right side, and one on the left. The other cannons are squished in a little to make room for the two extra. This upgrade also adds two extra flags. The flags look like the flags that are at the front of the ship. The middle flag and the monkey are squished in to make room for the extra flags. The Destroyer (BTD5) is grey.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Destroyer/Strategies
See Also[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It shoots much faster than a Battleship from Bloons TD4.
- It shoots 4x faster than 2/X in BTD 5 and 5x faster than 1/X/X in BTD 6.
- The note shows four regular Buccaneer's cannons on the Destroyer. However, on the actual tower, there are four gray, cylindrical cannons and two cannons and two light gray, triple-barrel cannons.
- In the official trailer of BTD5, the Monkey from the Destroyer was bigger, then it turned smaller. However, when the Monkey Sub was released on BTD5 Web, the Monkey turned big again.
- The Monkey Buccaneer renames to a Destroyer with this upgrade on the flash version.
- The artwork wears the same hat as the unupgraded Monkey Sub.
- A Destroyer with the Crow's Nest upgrade (x/2) will cause the radar arrays on the destroyer to rotate (tested in BTD5 mobile).
- A Destroyer has slightly more range than a 2/x Buccaneer. This can be evidenced by buying a 3/x Buccaneer next to an 1/x Village. (NOTE: This has been only tested on BMC. Confirmations are needed for BTD5 and mobile version.)
Gallery[edit | edit source]