|“||Freezes through 2 layers of Bloon.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Deep Freeze is the second upgrade of Path 2 for the Ice Monkey in Bloons TD 6. Deep Freeze can now freeze up to 2 layers instead of 1. It still deals 1 damage, but the freeze effect can penetrate up to 2 bloon layers. In other words, popping a bloon affected by Deep Freeze can carry over the frozen status for up to one descendent of that bloon. Note that freezing is applied after damage.
An Ice Monkey with Enhanced Freeze gains a pair of red beanie worn above his existing earmuffs. The beanie has a white fluffy end at the top of it, although crosspathing with Icicles changes the shape of it from spherical to stalagmital due to that upgrade's cranial icicles.
Deep Freeze produces freezing blasts in a zone-like style. Technically, the Ice Monkey is locked on the Close targeting priority. However, for simplicity reasons, this monkey has no targeting priorities.
Deep Freeze is limited in its practical role, as most of the time when this upgrade is needed is when there are other attacks that would naturally defrost the ice too soon. Examples of cases where Deep Freeze is particularly favorable is when paired with Mortar Monkeys and Bomb Shooters, especially Mortar's Burny Stuff.
- 0-2-2 Ice Monkeys (Deep Freeze + Refreeze) nearby each other can be used to continuously pop down masses of bloons. However, its previous Enhanced Freeze upgrade is sufficient for this purpose unless when paired with other towers.
- Pair this with an explosive tower such as Mortar Monkey or Bomb Shooter to make the most of this upgrade.
- Unless there are other non-Ice towers around, Deep Freeze is useless.
- There appears to be more value with adding Deep Freeze to Ice Shards, as it apparently allows shard generation to pass onto bloon offspring too.
- Path 2 upgrade portraits all have clothing that humans would need to combat the cold, which is ironic for the Ice Monkey who is all about the cold.