|“||Nail gun and Sentry shots do extra damage to MOAB-Class and Fortified Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Deconstruction is the 2nd upgrade of Path 2 for the Engineer Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Engineer to deal +1 damage to Fortified and MOAB-class (or +2 for Fortified MOAB-class). This also applies to sentries spawned by the Engineer.
If extra MOAB-class popping power is needed, Deconstruction is the upgrade to get. For a rather low price, adding it with Sentry Gun will improve the Engineer's blimp-popping power by a large margin. This upgrade makes the greatest difference when combating early MOABs.
- Do buy this upgrade for improving blimp damage overall. Remember, it improves the nailgun and any spawned sentries.
- It is a lot more cost-efficient to pair this upgrade with Path 1 in order to make the most of the added extra blimp damage potential.
- When it comes to just the main Engineer's nailguns, it's less cost-efficient to go for one 0-2-0 Engineer than it is to buy three 0-0-0 Engineers for similar cost, but it's more efficient than adding two 0-1-0 Engineers.
- The Deconstruction upgrade can be paired with Double Gun for the Engineer himself, but it's generally better to add Sentry Gun for the Double Gun when it comes to extra blimp damage.
- If not going for Sprockets and its later upgrades, this upgrade tends to be a stepping stone to Cleansing Foam.
- Until the price adjustment to Deconstruction in Version 21.0, the Engineer was the only tower to have all Tier 2 upgrades cheaper than their respective preceding Tier 1 upgrades.