|“||20 damage per shot, plus bonus damage to Ceramics.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Deadly Precision is the 3rd upgrade for path 1 of the Sniper Monkey. The upgrade returns in BTD6, but it now deals 35 damage to Ceramics and 20 damage to other bloons. If crosspathed with Shrapnel Shot, its shrapnel pieces will pop 4 layers instead of 2 from Large Calibre, and shrapnel pops 3 bloons instead of 2.
Its price is now $2550 on Easy, $3000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard, and $3600 on Impoppable.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Sniper Monkey now wears a black suit and black beret, and his rifle now has two red bands and a laser sight. In the Portrait artwork, the Sniper also now has a scar across his left eye.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Deadly Precision is a useful early mid-game upgrade for eliminating Ceramics and for chipping down health of early MOABs, all with the advantage of unlimited range. Set the Deadly Precision Sniper on Strong to take advantage of its relatively high single-target damage. With the 3-0-2 crosspath, one Deadly Precision can solo a whole MOAB on short maps when supported by a 0-1-2 Ice Monkey for the Ceramics.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Set it to Strong targeting as it gains higher value from targeting MOABs and Ceramics.
- Deadly Precision does decent damage against early MOABs and Ceramics and has the additional benefit of global range.
- One 3-0-2 Sniper is very helpful on #Ouch due to its global range and instakill Ceramic power on pre-Freeplay rounds.
- The better crosspath for Deadly Precision is 3-0-2 for most occasions, as giving the Sniper with just over double attack speed greatly increases its reliability at tackling the stronger bloons. The shrapnel from 3-2-0 is powerful, dealing 4 damage per shrapnel piece, but it is quite slow and has the potential to backfire at groups of Ceramics.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Deadly Precision now deals more damage per shot (18 --> 20)
- Deadly Precision now deals +15 damage to Ceramics
- 3-2-0 Deadly Precision increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (1 -> 2)
- 3-2-0 Deadly Precision increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (2 -> 4)
- Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
- Affected by 1-2-0 Sniper buff
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, the description was formerly "Erases 18 layers per shot - enough to wipe out a Ceramic." but was changed in Version 12.0 to update its new bonus Ceramic damage.
- This description was exactly the same as the BTD5 Mobile and BTDB Mobile descriptions for the same upgrade name.
- The purchase of Deadly Precision in BTD6 on Medium will save exactly $1700 compared to BTD5, excluding additional crosspathing. This is due to both Large Caliber and Deadly Precision discounts.