|“||Throws a single dart at nearby bloons. Short range and low pierce but cheap.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
The Dart Monkey is a Primary-class tower that was released in the initial release of Bloons TD 6. The tower retains its name and role from the Bloons TD 4, 5, and Classic game generations, with significant additions. It was the first non-hero tower to be revealed for Bloons TD 6, introduced on around 26th April 2018. Dart Monkey, as with previous mainstream games, is the first tower to be unlocked in the game, and is introduced by Tutorial Monkey as part of the tutorial for Bloons TD 6.
Dart Monkey attacks at a moderate speed, throwing a dart every 0.95s. Darts deal 1 damage and hit up to 2 bloons per dart. It has a moderately low range of 32.
- 1 Description
- 2 Upgrades
- 3 Full Popology
- 4 Strategies
- 5 Monkey Knowledge
- 6 Version History
- 7 Merchandise
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
The Dart Monkey is a non-clothed monkey with a tuft of hair for his hairstyle. As with all monkeys in BTD6, he has got big circular eyes, thick brown eyebrows, and fur around most of his head except his face. His fur is brown and his skin is a slightly lighter tone of brown. His belly is oval-shaped with two angular ovals above, colored the same as his skin. His belly also features a small belly button. He carries a dart on his right hand.
Overall, he looks not too different compared to his BTD5 counterpart outside of having the general BTD6 art style. There are minor differences to the Dart Monkey's visual appearance, however.
Dart Monkey is one of the first towers to be teased prior to the release of BTD6. Its base tower image was displayed as part of the way to convince players of BTD5 that BTD6 is still in production. Later, the Dart Monkey was teased in future BTD6 teasers until the official release of BTD6.
Many changes have occurred for the Dart Monkey, the most significant of which is that Triple Darts is now separated from Sharp Shots and Razor Sharp Shots upgrades and that the Spike-O-Pult upgrade is now an upgrade from Razor Sharp Shots. In addition to this is an entirely new set of higher-tier upgrades that dedicates to crossbows.
Path 1 is dedicated to increasing the pierce and therefore the penetration for each projectile. Starting from increased pierce to darts, then towards transforming to a Spike-O-Pult into Juggernaut, and finally an upgrade that produces extra Juggernauts.
Path 2 is all about speed and projectiles. The first two upgrades are all about extra attack speed, something that was not yet given for the Dart Monkey in the Bloons TD series before. The third upgrade is Triple Shot, allowing it to shoot three darts per shot instead of one. The final upgrades provide abilities to turn nearby Dart Monkeys into Super Monkeys and Plasma Monkeys.
Path 3 is all about providing extra range and damage. Most of the upgrades provide extra range to the Dart Monkey, but the Upper Path 3 provides extra damage on top, including random critical hits for the Tier 4 upgrade Sharp Shooter. The final upgrade, Crossbow Master gives the Dart Monkey with significantly increased attack speed along with even more range and pierce.
The Dart Monkey is classed as a Primary Monkey.
The base Dart Monkey uses the standard target priorities: First, Last, Close, Strong. All its attacks are dependent on its given target priority.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
|Sharp Shots |
COST: $120 / $140 / $150 / $170
UNLOCK: 100 XP
|Description: Can pop 1 extra Bloon per shot.
Effect: Gains +1 pierce, for 3 pierce by default. With Crossbow Master, gains +6 pierce instead.
|Razor Sharp Shots |
COST: $185 / $220 / $235 / $265
UNLOCK: 500 XP
|Description: Can pop 2 more bloons per shot.
Effect: Gains +2 pierce, for 5 pierce by default. With Crossbow Master, gains +7 pierce instead.
COST: $255 / $300 / $325 / $360
UNLOCK: 2,100 XP
|Description: Converts the Dart Monkey into a Spike-o-pult that hurls a large spiked ball instead of darts. Good range, but slower attack speed. Each ball can pop lots of Bloons and rebounds off obstacles.
Effect: Hurls spiked balls that pop up to 22 bloons per shot, deal +1 damage to Ceramics, bounce off obstacles, and pop Frozen. Attacks slightly slower.
COST: $1,530 / $1,800 / $1,945 / $2,160
UNLOCK: 7,500 XP
|Description: Hurls a giant spiked ball that pops lead and excels at crushing Ceramic Bloons.
Effect: Hurls juggernaut balls that pop up to 50 bloons per shot, deal 2 damage and +2 to Ceramics, and gain extra projectile speed. Attacks slightly faster.
COST: $12,750 / $15,000 / $16,200 / $18,000
UNLOCK: 22,000 XP
|Description: Gigantic spiked ball splits twice into 6 Juggernaut balls for even more destructive power.
Effect: Hurls gigantic juggernaut balls that split into 6 regular juggernaut balls for even more damage. Can rehit the same bloons again if the main projectile hits any walls.
|Quick Shots |
COST: $85 / $100 / $110 / $120
UNLOCK: 80 XP
|Description: Shoots 15% faster.
Effect: Attacks +17.6% faster (0.85x attack cooldown).
|Very Quick Shots |
COST: $160 / $190 / $205 / $230
UNLOCK: 400 XP
|Description: Shoots 33% faster!
Effect: Attacks +50% faster (attack cooldown from 0.85x to 0.666x (2/3x)).
|Triple Shot |
COST: $340 / $400 / $430 / $480
UNLOCK: 2,000 XP
|Description: Throws 3 darts at a time instead of 1.
Effect: Throws 3 darts per attack, split at a 30° angle per side.
|Super Monkey Fan Club |
COST: $6,800 / $8,000 / $8,640 / $9,600
UNLOCK: 9,500 XP
|Description: Super Monkey Fan Club Ability: Converts up to 10 nearby Dart Monkeys including himself into Super Monkeys for 15 seconds. Regular attack speed also increased.
Effect: Gains an ability that transforms up to 10 of the nearest non-special Dart Monkeys into Super Monkeys. Cannot affect catapult-operating Dart Monkeys nor crossbow-operating Dart Monkeys, nor the Plasma Monkey Fan Club.
|Plasma Monkey Fan Club |
COST: $38,250 / $45,000 / $48,600 / $54,000
UNLOCK: 30,000 XP
|Description: Elite membership of this club grants the Dart Monkeys even more power.
Effect: Ability now transforms up to 20 of the nearest non-special Dart Monkeys into Plasma Monkeys that shoot high-damage plasma beams.
|Long Range Darts |
COST: $75 / $90 / $95 / $110
UNLOCK: 50 XP
|Description: Makes the Dart Monkey shoot further than normal.
Effect: Gains +8 range.
|Enhanced Eyesight |
COST: $170 / $200 / $215 / $240
UNLOCK: 450 XP
|Description: Shoots even further and can detect Camo bloons.
Effect: Gains +8 range on top of previous upgrades, gains roughly +10% increased projectile speed, and can detect camo.
COST: $530 / $625 / $675 / $750
UNLOCK: 2,100 XP
|Description: Uses a long range Crossbow that can pop 3 layers of Bloon for every hit.
Effect: Deals 3 damage per hit and gains +1 pierce.
|Sharp Shooter |
COST: $1,700 / $2,000 / $2,160 / $2,400
UNLOCK: 12,000 XP
|Description: Sharp Shooter attacks faster and does powerful Crit shots every few shots that do a lot more damage.
Effect: Deals 6 damage per hit, attacks every 0.75s instead of 0.95s, and every 8-12 shots creates Critical Hits that deal 50 damage per hit.
|Crossbow Master |
COST: $21,250 / $25,000 / $27,000 / $30,000
UNLOCK: 35,000 XP
|Description: Crossbow Master shoots really fast and devastates most Bloon types with ease.
Effect: Attacks every 0.16s instead of 0.75s, increases pierce from 3 to 10, increases range from 56 to 76, and applies Critical Hits every 4-8 shots.
|Apex Plasma Master |
COST: $297,500 / $350,000 / $378,000/ $420,000
UNLOCK: 500,000 XP
|Description: Fill the area with Bloon shredding plasma juggernaut balls, leaving nothing behind...
Effect: Shoots triple hypersonic plasma Ultra-Juggernaut balls that deal enormous damage.
Note: these numbers refer to Medium Mode.
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5|
- Main article: Dart Monkey (BTD6)/Popology
- Main article: Dart Monkey (BTD6)/Strategies
This section displays Monkey Knowledge that has effects on Dart Monkey and its changes when compared to one by default:
- Increased Lifespan: Projectiles shot from Dart Monkey have increased lifespan.
- x seconds → x seconds.
- Extra Dart Pops: Increase projectile pierce by 1.
- 2 pierce → 3 pierce.
- Crossbow Reach: Increases range of the Crossbow and its further upgrades by 3.
- Crossbow, Sharp Shooter range limit changes from 56 → 59.
- Crossbow Master range limit changes from 76 → 79.
- 4 and 4: Dart Monkey's triple shot gets 4 darts every 4th shot.
- Force vs Force: Juggernaut does +2 damage per shot to MOAB-Class Bloons.
- Juggernaut: 2 → 4
- Ultra-Juggernaut: 4 → 6
- Master Double Cross: Allows for the purchase of two Crossbow Masters on the same map.
- Bonus Monkey!: Each game starts with a Free Dart Monkey.
- Come On Everybody!: Primary towers attack 5% faster if all are below tier 3, and cost 5% less if all are tier 3 or 4.
- Monkey Education: All Monkeys XP earn rate increased by 8%.
- Better Sell Deals: All Monkeys sell for 5% more.
- Increases sell potency from 70% to 75%.
- Veteran Monkey Training: All Monkeys reload time reduced by 3%.
- Global Ability Cooldowns: All Ability cooldowns for all Monkeys reduced by 3%.
So far, Ninja Kiwi has released only one merchandise item related to the Dart Monkey.
Dart Monkey Plush
This page is currently under construction. Please bear with us while our editors improve the page.
Dart Monkey Plush is a plush toy version of the original BTD6 Dart Monkey. It comes with a plush dart attached to the monkey's right hand. Dart Monkey Plush was available between TBA and 15th October 2021. It is around 15 centimetres tall.
According to Ninja Kiwi's October 22nd 2021 blog, a total of 7026 Dart Monkey Plushes have sold throughout the campaign.
Dart Monkey Plush
- In the middle of the Hedge map, there is a Dart Monkey statue that rotates 90 degrees when it is tapped.
- The Dart Monkey is said to have a base range of 32. Rohan from Ninja Kiwi has stated this in their Version 7.0 Reddit post while addressing the Snowstorm and Absolute Zero range buffs to the Ice Monkey.
- The fifth tier on path 3 has a similar color scheme to the hero Quincy.
- Dart Monkey is the only tower in the game that lacks any lead-popping upgrades until Tier 4, where its Juggernaut upgrade pops Leads.
- The Dart Monkey is the second tower to receive plushies of them, the first being the Super Monkey.
- The October 8th 2021 NK blog suggests that Makeship, Ninja Kiwi's fundraising partner, will likely allow NK to fundraise other limited-time plushes other than Dart Monkey Plush, given how overwhelmingly well the Dart Monkey Plush sold.