|“||Dark blades deal extra damage to MOAB-Class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 descrpition|
Dark Knight is the third upgrade on Path 3 for the Super Monkey in BTD6. It replaces the Super Monkey's darts with blades that deal extra damage to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. The Dark Knight upgrade costs $4675 on Easy difficulty, $5500 on Medium, $5940 on Hard, and $6600 on Impoppable.
Dark blades deal 3 damage to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. They also have 2 extra pierce.
- Generally, a 2-0-3 Dark Knight is better, as it can pop DDTs without extra support (such as MIB, Gwendolin Level 4+, or Acidic Mixture Dip), has double attack speed, and has a +2 pierce on top of the bonus +2 pierce that Dark Knight comes with by default.
- Occasionally, a 0-2-3 Dark Knight is useful, but only in cases where range and projectile speed are of a greater considerable importance. Specifically, Epic Range now adds extra projectile speed and pierce as of Version 10.0.
- 1-0-3 Dark Knight is not more useful than a 0-2-3 Dark Knight, as all Laser Blasts does is increase pierce by +1, grant Frozen Bloon popping, and prevent the Super Monkey from popping Purples. Compared to the 0-2-3 Dark Knight, the bonus range and projectile speed outweighs most of these single benefits from Laser Blasts, unless further upgraded to Plasma Blasts.
- Additionally, adding a specific MK will allow Super Monkeys to pop Frozen Bloons by default regardless of upgrades (except on CHIMPS Mode or on challenges where MK is disabled).
- 2-0-3 Dark Knights make considerably decent poppers of MOAB-class bloons, especially to DDT layers, but they themselves are not able to solo the Ceramics inside. Additional support may be required to pop the Ceramics that come out of the DDTs, such as a Bloonjitsu with Distraction, a Druid of the Storm (but not to Camo Ceramics).
Dark Knight pierce increased (2 -> 3)
- Super Monkeys with the Dark Knight upgrade are sometimes informally called Batmans (that includes ignoring the pluralization rules), Batmonkeys or Batman Monkeys by fans, due to how much they resemble Batman, even if its subsequent upgrades also resemble Batman.
- Fittingly, the upgrade name is also a reference to The Dark Knight film.
- There is an avatar on the Ninja Kiwi website that resembles this upgrade.