|“||Allows the ship to hit Camo Bloons.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Crow's Nest is the second upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Buccaneer in Bloons TD 6. Like previous games, the Crow's Nest upgrade allows the Buccaneer to detect and pop Camo Bloons, in addition to gaining the Camo Prioritization option. Unlike previous games, it now succeeds the Long Range upgrade and is on a separate path from Cannon Ship and Grape Shot.
The Buccaneer sticks its tongue out in the upgrade artwork, similar to the previous upgrade.
This section is currently a work in progress (WIP), and therefore under construction. Please bear with us while our editors improve the page.
Crow's Nest targets bloons using the standard target priorities. Its darts are shot in a straight movement. It can also utilize multiple targeting to shoot projectiles from both ends of the boat if it detects bloons on its opposite side.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
Crow's Nest allows the Buccaneer to detect camo. While the Crow's Nest upgrade is more expensive compared to other games, a 0-0-2 Buccaneer is valuable as high-ranged camo detector for Advanced Intel Subs on water-heavy maps like Off the Coast or Flooded Valley. Additionally, a 0-1-2 Buccaneer (with Grape Shot) can be used to handle earlier rounds with little trouble.
Both 0-2-2 and 2-0-2 are useful because their subsequent Tier 3 upgrades are readily affordable, whether it be for offense or support. A 2-0-2 Boat can become a camo-detecting Destroyer, while 0-2-2 can become an anti-Camo Cannon Ship or a Merchantman that doubles as a source of income and Camo Lead popping power.
- 0-0-2 Buccaneer is cheaper at countering Camo Bloons than a submerged 3-0-0 Sub, but unreliable without the Grape Shot upgrade.
- For the Carrier Flagship, Crow's Nest and its previous upgrade together allow the planes to catch DDTs more easily than a 5-X-0 ship with external camo support.
- In BTD6, Crow's Nest does not provide camo detection to other nearby towers in range, unlike the BTD4 version of Crow's Nest.