|This page is currently under construction. Please bear with us while our editors improve the page.|
|“||Allows the ship to hit Camo Bloons.||”|
Crow's Nest is the second upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD6. Like previous games, the Crow's Nest upgrade allows the Buccaneer to detect and pop Camo Bloons. It is now succeeds the Long Range upgrade and now is on a separate path to Cannon Ship and Grape Shot.
It costs $340 on Easy, $400 on Medium, $430 on Hard, and $480 for Impoppable.
Description[edit | edit source]
Purchasing this upgrade adds a crow's nest to the Buccaneer ship. The Buccaneer sticks its tongue out in the upgrade artwork.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Crow's Nest allows the Buccaneer to detect camo. While the Crow's Nest upgrade is more expensive compared to other generations, a 0-0-2 Buccaneer is valuable as high-ranged camo range for Advanced Intel Subs on water-heavy maps like Off the Coast or Flooded Valley. Additionally, a 0-1-2 Buccaneer (with Grape Shot) can be used to handle earlier rounds with little trouble.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- 0-0-2 Buccaneer is cheaper at countering Camo Bloons than a 3-0-0 Submerge and Support Sub.
- Add Grape Shot to solo earlier camo rounds. 0-1-2 Buccaneer is generally more reliable at handling Camo Yellows than a 3-0-0 Submerge and Support Sub is at stripping off camo properties from the same bloons.
- 0-2-2 Hot Shot, which has the Crow's Nest upgrade, can pop Camo Leads for a low price.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Affected by the Long Range buff
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One 0-0-2 Buccaneer costs exactly $1080 on Medium after the Version 22.0 Buccaneer base cost buff.
- In BTD6, camo detection methods are unambiguously something that not all towers can share without special exceptions (only shareable via Radar Scanner Villages or Etienne Level 8+), because Bloons TD fans moving from BTD5 to BTD6 understand that nearby towers no longer simply grant camo detection if another tower gains an camo detection upgrade (unlike in BTD4, where the Crow's Nest and Spy Plane upgrades did grant camo detection to towers withing range). Therefore, the in-game description for Crow's Nest in BTD6 does not have to state "Does not grant detection to other towers" or similar, and similarly goes for the Spy Plane upgrade.