|“||Crossbow Master shoots really fast and devastates most Bloon types with ease.||”|
Crossbow Master is the final upgrade on the third path for the Dart Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It triples the Dart Monkey's attack speed to roughly 3 shots per second, increases critical hit frequency to 6-10 (compared to 8-12 from Sharp Shooter), and increases the range to 240% of a 0-0-0 Dart Monkey. Additionally, this upgrade increases the pierce of each shot to 23, excluding Path 1 upgrades. It also allows the Dart Monkey to pop Lead Bloons making it ideal for stopping hordes of standard bloons. It costs $21,250 on Easy, $25,000 on Medium, $27,000 on Hard and $30,000 on Impoppable.
- It is recommended to upgrade the Crossbow Master to 0-2-5 over 2-0-5 as gaining a 33% attack speed boost (to 4 shots per second) is far better than getting a 3 pierce boost (to 26 bloons pierced).
- Crossbow Master improves the critical hit attacks of the Sharp Shooter, allowing it to pop 50 layers every 6-10 shots. Because of its increased attack speed, this effect goes off about three times as frequently. If it can land off a few good shots, this makes it a great method of dealing with Super Ceramics and MOABs if you are going for a challenge which includes Dart Monkeys.
Price reduced from $27,000 ->$25,000
Critical shot appearance changed from 10 -> 8 (activates once every 8 shots)
- If well placed, the Crossbow Master can pop three or sometimes four BFBs because of the high damage and pierce of its bolts.
- A Monkey Knowledge perk called Master Double Cross allows the player to place 2 Crossbow Masters at once (when activated).
- When supported by a Support TSG, level 11 or higher Obyn Greenfoot, a Primary Training Village and a Stronger Stimulant Alchemist, a Crossbow Master can have its range roughly equal to the entire map.
- Before the 4.0 update, the Crossbow Master increased the layers popped by one. This upgrade was granted as a buff to the Sharp Shooter instead, keeping the basic power at 5 layers per shot.