|“||Crippled MOABs are immobilized for longer and take extra damage from all other attacks.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Cripple MOAB is the fifth upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Sniper Monkey to temporarily stun and cripple M.O.A.B-class bloons (7.0s for M.O.A.Bs, 6.0s for B.F.Bs, 3.0s for Z.O.M.Gs, 4.0s for D.D.Ts, and 0.75s for B.A.Ds), causing them to become vulnerable to +5 damage for the stun duration (or debuff duration for BADs). It deals 60 damage per hit instead of 30, plus +15 to Ceramics. With Shrapnel Shot, each shrapnel piece deals 12 damage instead of 6 from Maim MOAB, and can apply both stun and debuff.
It costs $34,000 on Easy, $40,000 on Medium, $43,200 on Hard, and $48,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Cripple MOAB specializes at crippling single-target blimps, especially for Z.O.M.Gs and B.A.Ds. Its main benefit is not from its increased damage, but from helping other towers apply extra damage to blimps affected by the Cripple MOAB. In combination with towers with high projectile count and high attack speed, affected blimps will become destroyed a lot more quickly. Its infinite range is a major benefit to its overall performance.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Cripple MOAB by itself will not deal much damage. It will reach its optimum when paired with fast towers such as Super Monkeys, or towers that shoot multiple projectiles per shot such as Overdrive, since they will help quickly damage MOAB-class bloons crippled by Cripple MOAB.
- Similar strategies that Super Brittle would require to optimize its strengths can also be applied to Cripple MOAB, although Cripple MOAB has the advantage to attack at any range.
- Unlike Maim MOAB, it's far more important to set Cripple MOAB to Strong, unless it's for stunning blimps closer to the exit. The combined stun and debuff effects last a considerably long time on affected blimps, so there should be less worry for blimps to start moving again.
- As of Version 20.0, the debuff effect of Cripple MOAB for all MOAB-class Bloons below a BAD lasts longer than the base tower attack speed. Using the 5-0-2 crosspath allows almost full uptime at crippling BADs.
- It's generally better to re-apply stuns at a fast rate with Path 3 crosspathing and let other towers deal the extra damage to blimps inflicted by Cripple MOAB. However, 5-2-0 Sniper can naturally detect detect DDTs, and improves its shrapnel by a large margin. Not only does it affect multiple bloons per shot, its shrapnel deals good damage and, more importantly, shrapnel pieces can apply debuff.
- Remember that Cripple MOAB and Super Brittle vulnerabilities can stack with each other.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Cripple MOAB deals more damage (18 --> 60)
- Cripple MOAB costs less ($50,000 --> $40,000)
- Cripple MOAB now deals +15 damage to Ceramics (from the Deadly Precision buff)
- 5-2-0 Cripple increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (1 -> 5)
- 5-2-0 Cripple increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (5 -> 12)
- Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
- 5xx Cripple MOAB duration rates for stun/debuff increased
- MOAB 6 -> 7
- BFB 3 -> 6
- ZOMG 1.5 -> 3
- DDT 1.5 -> 4
- BAD 0.25 -> 0.75
- Affected by 1-2-0 Sniper buff
- 5-2-0 Cripple MOAB shrapnel fragments now also benefit from stun and debuff
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cripple MOAB is one of the few upgrades that have been increased to a Tier-5 upgrade, the others being Absolute Zero, Glaive Lord, and Ray of Doom.
- Since Version 11.0, this upgrade applies an "X" art on a B.A.D. for the debuff duration to indicate the debuff effect that other towers can utilize. The "X" art stays longer with the Version 20.0 buff.
- The Cripple MOAB in BTD6 visually resembles the older Cripple MOAB upgrade from BTD5, except the monkey now wears full black clothing underneath the bush disguise, and its rifle is covered in green tape and comes with a visible infrared light scope (official artwork only).