|“||Crippled MOABs are immobilized for longer and take extra damage from all other attacks.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Cripple MOAB is the fifth upgrade of Path 1 for the Sniper Monkey in BTD6. It allows the Sniper Monkey to temporarily stun and cripple MOAB-class bloons (7.0s for MOABs, 6.0s for BFBs, 3.0s for ZOMGs, 4.0s for DDTs, and 0.75s for BADs), causing them to become vulnerable to +5 damage for the stun duration (or debuff duration for BADs). It deals 60 damage per hit instead of 30, plus +15 to Ceramics. With Shrapnel Shot, each shrapnel piece deals 12 damage instead of 6 from Maim MOAB.
It costs $34,000 on Easy, $40,000 on Medium, $43,200 on Hard, and $48,000 on Impoppable.
- Cripple MOAB by itself will not deal much damage. It will reach its optimum when paired with fast towers such as Super Monkeys, or towers that shoot multiple projectiles per shot such as Overdrive, since they will help quickly damage MOAB-class bloons crippled by Cripple MOAB.
- Similar strategies that Super Brittle would require to optimize its strengths can also be applied to Cripple MOAB, although Cripple MOAB has the advantage to attack at any range.
- Remember that Cripple MOAB and Super Brittle vulnerabilities can stack with each other.
- Use the 5-0-2 crosspath for the much faster stunning re-application. Although the Shrapnel Shot attack is improved to 12 damage per shrapnel, it's far more desirable to re-apply stuns at a faster rate. Let other towers deal the extra damage to blimps inflicted by Cripple MOAB.
- As of Version 20.0, Cripple MOAB is now a great option for crippling BADs at any range, especially with the 5-0-2 crosspath for almost completely full debuff uptime. Add fast-attacking multi-projectile towers for the best results.
Cripple MOAB deals more damage (18 --> 60)
Cripple MOAB costs less ($50k --> $40k)
Cripple MOAB now deals +15 damage to Ceramics (from the Deadly Precision buff)
5-2-0 Cripple increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (1 -> 5)
5-2-0 Cripple increases Shrapnel Shot fragment damage (5 -> 12)
- Affected by base Sniper attack speed buff
- 5xx Cripple MOAB duration rates for stun/debuff increased
- MOAB 6 -> 7
- BFB 3 -> 6
- ZOMG 1.5 -> 3
- DDT 1.5 -> 4
- BAD 0.25 -> 0.75
- Affected by 1-2-0 Sniper buff
- Cripple MOAB is one of the few upgrades that have been increased to a Tier-5 upgrade, the others being Absolute Zero and Glaive Lord. Ray of Doom is confirmed to be a Tier-5 upgrade too, though Dartling Gun has not been released yet.
- Since Version 11.0, this upgrade applies an "X" art on a B.A.D. for the debuff duration to indicate the debuff effect that other towers can utilize. The "X" art stays longer with the Version 20.0 buff.
- The Cripple MOAB in BTD6 visually resembles the older Cripple MOAB upgrade from BTD5, except the monkey now wears full black clothing underneath the bush disguise, and its rifle is covered in green tape and comes with a visible infrared light scope (official artwork only).