|“||Insert Corrosive Glue's description here.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Corrosive Glue returns as the 2nd upgrade of Path 1 for the Glue Gunner in BTD6. It allows the Glue Gunner to deal damage to bloons over time while glued, but now glue corrodes per 2.3s, which in total corrodes up to 4 layers (10 with Stickier Glue). Unlike BTD5, most upgrades of the Glue Gunner can now target MOAB-class, provided they have Corrosive Glue or special upgrades such as MOAB Glue.
It costs $255 on Easy, $300 on Medium, $325 on Hard, and $360 on Impoppable.
Description[edit | edit source]
Corrosive Glue will take effect after 2.3 seconds. When it does, it applies 1 layer of damage to the affected bloons. Due to the previous upgrade, this will persist even if the current layer is popped. The base glue will last long enough to apply 4 layers of damage, unless an upgrade such as Stickier Glue is bought alongside Corrosive Glue.
The Glue Gunner gains a purple protective suit and green goggles. When combined with other tier 2 crosspaths, half of the suit will be purple and the other half will be the other path's respective color. When applied as a secondary crosspath for tier 3 and 4 upgrades, their respective suits gain a thin, purple, vertical stripe on the middle of their headgear.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This is useful for helping deal with large waves of lower-tier bloons, as while dealing damage slowly, the widespread effect can help whittle down clumps. Its particularly good at dealing with clumps of Pinks and Purples.
- Its also useful for dealing with Leads, and is one of the cheaper upgrades able to do so.
- It is very effective when used with Glue Strike or Glue Storm , as the sheer number of bloons being glued will cause it to do fairly massive damage, which can help prevent your other towers from being overwhelmed. In addition, this crosspath will enable the glue from these abilities to stick to MOAB-class bloons, making them take extra damage.
- This upgrade is actually usually seen as a downgrade in the later rounds. This is primarily because of the added effect of now affecting MOAB class bloons. Because it deals almost no damage to them and doesn't slow or soak through, it ends up wasting time and pierce gluing them, possibly letting bloons sneak through. Another issue is it can take priority over other glues, such as a MOAB Glue. Don't buy this upgrade if planning to use other glue gunners in tandem. Should almost always be ignored in C.H.I.M.P.S. as it will end up causing issues in the late game unless using a 2-0-4 glue.
- Another issue with the upgrade is it can easily lead to regrow farms. Comboing with a Grow Blocker can help alleviate this problem to an extent
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Corrosive Glue artwork is shared with Glue Splatter and Stronger Glue, except with different color schemes.