|“||Automatically calls in 3 more Comanches when they're most needed.||”|
|~ Upgrade Description for the Comanche Defense in BTD6|
Comanche Defense is the third path fourth-tier upgrade of the Heli Pilot in Bloons Tower Defense 6. Whenever bloons reach a certain percentage of the map, the main Comanche Helicopter calls in a number of mini Comanche Helicopters armed with missiles and darts to aid it in battle. If bloons reach 25% of the map, one mini-Comanche is summoned, two if bloons reach 50% of the map, and three if bloons reach 75% of the map. After 12 seconds from being first summoned, the mini-Comanches will leave the screen immediately, unless the bloons again reach their thresholds, where the duration will simply reset. There is a cooldown of 25 seconds before the mini-Comanches can become summoned again, unless reset by bloons reaching a certain threshold.
The Comanche Defense is highly unreliable without good backup defense. While the 18.0 update spawn mechanics do make it more controllable as to when the mini helicopters spawn, it still tends to be weak if not all three Comanches are on screen. All of the Comanche Defense's power is in the summoned Comanches, which makes it dead weight when they are not present. It is a mediocre stepping stone to the Comanche Commander, and is weak against mid-game, and therefore better options suffice more efficiently overall.
Similar to Comanche Commander, Comanche Defense is a decent synergy with Pat or Gwen, but it is very dependent on those two Heroes to become at least somewhat powerful, not to mention that there is some downtime between mini-Comanche spawns.
- The Comanche Defense is only powerful when the smaller Comanche helicopters are around. As such, its only use during those times is the built-in MOAB Shove.
- As the smaller Comanche Helicopters automatically pursue the bloons, the Pursuit upgrade is never needed, and the main helicopter can be placed somewhere else depending on your needs.
- The smaller planes do gain the extra projectiles from Quad Darts, faster movement speed from Bigger Jets and camo detection from IFR.
- Quad Darts will usually be the choice of crosspath due to it adding much more power to the Comanche.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Comanche Defense cooldown reduced (45s → 25s).
Comanche Defense's mini-comanches are no longer affected by Alchemist buffs.
Comanche Defense maximum activations per round increased (1 -> 2) (Still has an internal cooldown of 25 sec)
- xx4 Comanche Defense will now instead spawn 1 Comanche the first time any Bloon crosses 25% of the track each round.
- xx4 Will also spawn 2 additional Comanche at 50% of the track. If the first Comanche is still on screen it's duration will be refreshed and only 1 extra will spawn
- xx4 Will also spawn 3 additional Comanche at 75% of the track. If the 2nd set of Comanche are still on screen their duration will be refreshed and only 1 extra will spawn
- Comanche will now spawn from the side of the map closest to where the triggering Bloon is located
- Comanche spawn movespeed now increased to always be 30 more than the speed of the main Comanche Defense tower (45 + 30 for 75).
- 024 Comanche Defense will also apply increased flight speed to spawned Comanche
- xx4 Comanche Defense price reduced from $10,000 -> $8,500
- Comanche Defense duration increased (10s --> 12s)
- This, along with its next upgrade can call mini Comanche helicopters which are based on the RAH-66 Comanche helicopter.
- Prior to Version 18.0, the old mini-Comanche summoning mechanic was as follows: "Whenever the RBE on the map is greater than 2000 RBE, the main Comanche Helicopter calls in 3 mini Comanche Helicopters armed with missiles and darts to aid it in battle. However, this passive ability has a cooldown of 25 seconds. After 10 seconds from being summoned, the Comanches will leave the screen immediately. The mini-copters can spawn once more per round if the round lasts longer than 25 seconds."