|“||Automatically calls in 3 more Comanches when they're most needed.||”|
|~ Upgrade Description for the Comanche Defense in BTD6|
Comanche Defense is the third path fourth-tier upgrade of the Heli Pilot in Bloons Tower Defense 6. Whenever bloons reach a certain percentage of the map, the main Comanche Helicopter calls in a number of mini Comanche Helicopters armed with missiles and darts to aid it in battle. If bloons reach 25% of the map, one mini-Comanche is summoned, two if bloons reach 50% of the map, and three if bloons reach 75% of the map. After 10 seconds from being first summoned, the mini-Comanches will leave the screen immediately, unless the bloons again reach their thresholds, where the passive ability cooldown will simply reset. There is a cooldown of 25 seconds before the mini-Comanches can become summoned again, unless reset by bloons reaching a certain threshold.
The Comanche Defense is highly unreliable without good backup defense. It activates on very arbitrary conditions, and its uptime is rather low, unless Bloons are at least 25% along the map. All of the Comanche Defense’s power is in the summoned Comanches, which makes it dead weight when they are not present. It is a somewhat mediocre stepping stone to the Comanche Commander, but it is not very useless against mid-game, although better options suffice more efficiently overall.
- The Comanche Defense is only powerful when the smaller Comanche helicopters are around. As such, its only use during those times is the built-in MOAB Shove.
- As the smaller Comanche Helicopters automatically pursue the bloons, the Pursuit upgrade is never needed, and the main helicopter can be placed somewhere else.
- The smaller planes do gain the extra projectiles from Quad Darts, faster movement speed from Bigger Jets and camo detection from IFR.
- Exiting the game and restarting the round will reset the cooldown on the passive ability, and so therefore could give the player a small advantage.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Comanche Defense cooldown reduced (45s → 25s).
Comanche Defense's mini-comanches are no longer affected by Alchemist buffs.
Comanche Defense maximum activations per round increased (1 -> 2) (Still has an internal cooldown of 25 sec)
- xx4 Comanche Defense will now instead spawn 1 Comanche the first time any Bloon crosses 25% of the track each round.
- xx4 Will also spawn 2 additional Comanche at 50% of the track. If the first Comanche is still on screen it’s duration will be refreshed and only 1 extra will spawn
- xx4 Will also spawn 3 additional Comanche at 75% of the track. If the 2nd set of Comanche are still on screen their duration will be refreshed and only 1 extra will spawn
- Comanche will now spawn from the side of the map closest to where the triggering Bloon is located
- Comanche spawn movespeed now increased to always be 30 more than the speed of the main Comanche Defense tower (45 + 30 for 75).
- 024 Comanche Defense will also apply increased flight speed to spawned Comanche
- This, along with its next upgrade can call mini Comanche helicopters which are based on the RAH-66 Comanche helicopter.
- Prior to Version 18.0, the old mini-Comanche summoning mechanic was as follows: "Whenever the RBE on the map is greater than 2000 RBE, the main Comanche Helicopter calls in 3 mini Comanche Helicopters armed with missiles and darts to aid it in battle. However, this passive ability has a cooldown of 25 seconds. After 10 seconds from being summoned, the Comanches will leave the screen immediately. The mini-copters can spawn once more per round if the round lasts longer than 25 seconds."