|“||Upgraded weapons. Also automatically calls in 3 more Comanches. Permanently.||”|
|~ In-game description|
The Comanche Commander (sometimes shortened to simply Comanche or Comcom) is the Tier 5 upgrade for Path 3 for the Heli Pilot. It permanently calls in 3 powerful mini-Comanche helicopters. All Comanche Commander helicopters, including the parent helicopter gain +1 damage for all attacks. The mini helicopters will initially spawn under the main helicopter. Due to the mini helicopters being considered sub-towers, they do not receive Alchemist or Overclock buffs.
It costs $29,750 on Easy, $35,000 on Medium, $37,800 on Hard, and $42,000 on Impoppable.
- As of update 12.0, the mini-helicopters can no longer inherit Alchemist or Overclock buffs of any form, including from Permanent Brew or Ultraboost.
- The main helicopter is not much stronger than an x-x-2 helicopter in terms of damage, and as such the mini-helis form the majority of the tower's total damage output.
- Both the darts and the missiles cannot pop DDTs alone. As such, the tower should be supported with a Monkey Intelligence Bureau if it is your main damage tower.
- It is much more valuable in the long-run to give the Comanche Commander camo detection with a Radar Scanner and upgrade the Comanche Commander to 2/0/5 than it is to purchase simply 0/2/5, as the faster moving from Bigger Jets is not nearly as useful as the extra 2 darts fired by the mini-helicopters granted by Quad Darts.
- Setting the parent helicopter to any targeting system will not affect the mini-helicopters; they will always be on Pursuit targeting, even if the upgrade is not purchased.
Once being one of the strongest towers in the game (provided deliberate exploitation of massive bugs), Comanche Commander has fallen due to unprecedented nerfs and bug fixes to the point where it is nearly unviable to use. Interestingly enough, the tower itself has never received a direct nerf, but rather its synergy with buffing towers. Recently however, Comanche has become recognised as a borderline usable tower due to its synergy with Gwendolin or Pat Fusty. Also, the mini helis are directly benefited by Super Brittle (if granted ice popping ability by Gwendolin or MIB) and Glue Strike.
Compared to an Apache Prime, there are significant differences that define their usage and viability.
Transition from Tier 4 UpgradeEdit
In spite of Comanche Commander being close to $20k cheaper to afford, its Tier 4 upgrade (Comanche Defense) is highly underpowered for its price, even when backed up by its regular sets of incoming mini-Comanches. Conversely, Apache Dartship is able to solo up to the early 80s, which excluding Impoppable prices with no farming, allows Apache Prime to be easily afforded if planned properly.
Projectiles vs DamageEdit
Due to the nature of Comanche being inherently weak, it also heavily relies on a hero to buff itself. This is restricted to Pat or Gwendolin. On the other hand, Apache is much more flexible, being able to choose almost any hero depending on your strategy.
Comanche Commander's mini-helicopters will no longer gain the same bonus stat (attack speed, damage, range, etc.) multiple times from Alchemists.
Comanche Commander's viability, when used conventionally, is greatly reduced by the Alchemist nerf. However, an exploit exists where moving the main Heli such that it cannot attack gives the mini-helicopters 100% uptime on Alchemist buffs, both Berserker Brew and Acidic Mixture Dip.
Comanche Commander's mini-helicopters will now (correctly) deduct Alchemist potions usages. However, the same exploit still allows Acidic Mixture Dip to have 100% uptime on the mini-helicopters, maintaining some of the tower's viability.
Comanche Commander's mini-helicopters will now correctly deduct Acidic Mixture Dip as well.
They also no longer gain the same bonus stat (attack speed, damage, range, etc.) multiple times from non-Alchemist sources such as Pat's Rallying Roar.
Comanche Commander's mini-comanches now always gain camo detection whenever paired with an x2x village.
025 Comanche Defense will also apply increased flight speed to spawned Comanche (carried over from 024)
xx5 Mini Comanche will load in under the main Commander when loading a save instead of at the edge of the screen.
- There was a bug where the mini-helicopters cannot detect Camo by a Radar Scanner unless one sells and rebuys the Radar Scanner again.
- The name and artwork for the Comanche Commander is based on the RAH-66 Comanche stealth helicopter.
- During the Version 6.0 Alchemist nerfs, Comanche Commander used to be remained unaffected by the nerf if the Comanche Commander main helicopter was locked in place in a corner away from the track.