|“||Throws out secondary bombs instead of sharp fragments every shot.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Cluster Bombs is the third upgrade of Path 3 for the Bomb Shooter in BTD6. It allows the Bomb Shooter to produce 8 smaller secondary explosions instead of fragments (from the Frag Bombs upgrade). Unlike BTD5, the arrangement of clusters are somewhat randomized, but they are fairly consistent overall. Each secondary explosion pops up to 10 bloons (16 with Bigger Bombs and 26 with Heavy Bombs) and has a blast radius of ~5 (roughly ~8 with Bigger Bombs).
Note that this upgrade prevents it from popping Black Bloons without special support or further upgrades (specifically Bomb Blitz). However, due to the size of each of the secondary explosions, it is entirely possible for the secondary explosions to overlap to deal more than one damage per shot.
It costs $680 on Easy, $800 on Medium, $865 on Hard, and $960 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Cluster Bombs is an effective early-game option for destroying dense groups of bloons. Cluster Bombs usually performs better than Really Big Bombs in most situations, because the combination of all its secondary explosions cover a wider blast radius while occasionally overlapping damage to the same bloon(s), dealing a lot of damage versus weaker and stronger bloons. In addition, Cluster Bombs surprisingly deal good damage versus MOAB-class bloons for its price, although still weaker than MOAB Mauler in that regard.
The main purpose of Cluster Bombs is to be used for extensive explosion coverage, which allows it to deal good damage against various types of grouped regular bloons. Cluster Bombs becomes exceptionally more powerful with the Path 1 crosspaths, specifically with Heavy Bombs, as its secondary explosions are also affected by the extra damage benefits. Especially when paired with Striker Jones, a single 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs can easily deal great damage versus early mid-game grouped bloons for its price.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use this upgrade to pop many bloons at once. Its primarily purpose is to expand its explosion range across many more bloons through the addition of extra explosions.
- The 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs crosspath is usually better, as its secondary explosions can deal much more damage to bloons that the larger explosions can touch.
- Cluster Bombs is actually cheaper than Really Big Bombs, although a 2-0-3 Cluster Bombs costs $3100 on Medium compared to $3000 for a 3-0-0 Really Big Bombs. It can be further upgraded to Recursive Cluster to deal even more explosive damage overall, which makes it a great option at wiping out grouped bloons with ease.
- Adding Striker Jones can help the overall performance of Cluster Bombs by granting bonus attack speed and black-popping power, just as he would for MOAB Maulers and Recursive Clusters.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Base primary bomb pierce decreased (18 --> 14)
Adding Bigger Bombs adds less pierce bonus for primary and secondary explosions (+10 --> +6)
Adding Heavy Bombs now adds a pierce bonus for primary and secondary explosions (+0 --> +10)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cluster Bombs turns the Bomb Shooter green, like in BTD5.