|“||When this city gets big enough, you will be able to start a 2nd city. Prepare for this by building this city as great as possible.||”|
|~ "Prepare to expand!" Quest description|
|City Level||Total XP|
City Level is the level of the players city in Bloons Monkey City. The player can level up when they get a certain amount of Experience. The highest city level on flash is 40. Players can gain various amounts of XP by doing any of the following:
- Capturing new tiles (which, in flash, may also be done by successfully defending an MvM attack which will result in an XP reward relative to the level of the attack).
- Building facilities/buildings in their town
- Buying upgrades for the towers in the upgrade buildings
- Completing quests
Some upgrades and buildings require a certain City Level (similar to rank in other BTD games) before being bought. Once the player gains enough XP, their city levels up.
The advantages of gaining higher levels include:
- Greater access to buildings, towers and upgrades.
- 5 more hearts defense conquering tiles.
- More starting money for conquering tiles.
- Earning some City Cash and Bloonstones every level.
- Earning cash faster in Contested Territory if the CT is captured.
However, disadvantages include:
- Having to do a higher tier Contested Territory (which only increases City Cash reward by a little amount)
- Decreased difficulty may lead to Trivial Difficulty tiles which, if not taken as opportunities for capture in Monkey team events, can be seen as a nuisance.
- Being forced to fight against harder MvM attacks.
- Being forced to research more advanced bloons before you can send an MvM attack.