|“||Enjoying the brown bloons? They're ceramic, so they take several hits to pop. They have rainbows in them too :)||”|
|~ Round 34 in Bloons Tower Defense 3|
|“||Ceramic Bloons are made of clay, and take 10 hits to destroy. They have 2 Rainbow Bloons inside them.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 5|
|“||Ceramic Bloons... They are armored and fast bloons. Be careful, they can't be popped so easily.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 6|
The Ceramic Bloon is a Bloon introduced in Bloons TD 3 under the name "Brown Bloon" that takes ten hits to pop. Once popped, it releases two Rainbow Bloons. In Bloons TD 6, it can appear as a fortified ceramic, adding 10 HP (114 RBE). In Bloons TD 3 it first appears in round 31. In Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5 it first appears in round 40. In Bloons TD 6 it first appears on round 38. If a Ceramic Bloon escapes (regardless of health) 104 lives are lost, which means an instant game over on Hard and Impoppable, and a two hit on Easy and Medium.
Despite being considerably easier to pop than M.O.A.B. Class Bloons, Ceramic Bloons are a serious threat in numbers that shouldn't be ignored. If the player has a large amount of potent towers, then Ceramic Bloons and their descendants aren't really a threat. However, popping many Ceramic Bloons without strong towers or many weaker towers is difficult. They can be a minor cause of lag to your computer or device. Glue can't slow them down (BTD4 and BTD5 Flash only), however Corrosive Glue can harm them and can crack the layers. There are many rounds in which Ceramic Bloons come in big groups (like 55, 63, 76, and 78), which can be extremely deadly without strong towers. If they come early, it can usually mean game over unless you manage to get strong towers. In BTD3, it's an instant game over on Medium and Hard - if it escapes.
Super Ceramics are a special type of Ceramic that appear only in BTD4, BTD5, Bloons TD Battles, Bloons Monkey City, and BTD6. They have increased health but spawn only one Rainbow Bloon. They appear in Rounds 76+ in BTD4, Rounds 86+ in BTD5 and BTD5 Mobile, Rounds 30+ in BMC and BMC Mobile, Rounds 43+ in BTDB and BTDB Mobile, Rounds 81+ in BTD6.
In BTD4, Super Ceramics have TBA health. In the BTD5 generation, Super Ceramics have 38 health. In BTD6, Super Ceramics have 60 health.
- Main article: Ceramic Bloon/Strategies
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
This is according to the power of the Ceramic bloon.
Glue can slow down Ceramic Bloons.
- It is the BTD counterpart of Ceramic blocks.
- Glue slows down Ceramic Bloons in Bloons TD 3 and Bloons TD 6 but not in Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5.
- It is one of the few bloons to have its own specialized sound when hit/popped.
- Ceramic Bloons are the only non-M.O.A.B. Class Bloon that take more than one hit to pop the first layer.
- In BTD5, The first and only Camo Ceramics appear on Round 78. In BTD6, they appear more often, debuting on round 51 and later spawning from DDTs.
- They are the fifth fastest bloons in Bloons TD 6, following Pink, Yellow, Purple, and DDT bloons.
- In Bloons Super Monkey, it has sixteen layers instead of ten.
- In Bloons TD 3, Ceramic Bloons were simply called Brown Bloons. The name "Ceramic Bloon" came from a pre-round message saying that they were made of ceramic.
- In Bloons TD 3, crushed Ceramic Bloons would show no Rainbow Bloons under it. This was changed in later versions.
- In BTD3 it was immune to freezing.
- On Round Ramp tiles in BMC Mobile, Ceramic Bloons are generated with an RBE of 88, meaning more Ceramics can generate in a certain round than usual.
- They still are normal after round generation.
- When the ceramic layer of a Shielded Ceramic Bloon is popped on Bloons Super Monkey 2, its child doesn't appear to have the lightning symbol on it, unlike every other Shielded Bloon.
- When in the process of destroying a Ceramic Bloon, only one Rainbow Bloon can be seen in the inside, despite the fact that two Rainbow Bloons come out of it.
- When hit, they make a sound similar to that of a dart hitting a pot.
- It takes 2 hits from a BTD5 juggernaut to remove the ceramic layer down to the 2 rainbow bloons inside. A BTD6 juggernaut takes 4 hits with 3 damage each, but the last shot will use the 2 damage left over to pop the ceramic down to blacks and whites.
- In BTD3, it takes 3 hits to remove the ceramic; in BTD4 it has 7 layers; but in BTD5, it has 10 layers.
- In Bloons Monkey City, at level 19, there can be Ceramic Bloon Tiles that are rated Easy and Very Hard at the same city.
- A Sniper Monkey with Deadly Precision can completely pop a ceramic with a single shot.
- The Ceramic Bloon, as well as the Lead Bloon, are the only Bloons that can have the Fortified property without being a M.O.A.B.-Class Bloon.
- The Ceramic Bloon had a different sound effect in BTD3-BTD4, BTD5, and BTD6.