|“||Does extra damage. Can place other Monkeys on the upper decks of the ship and increases attack speed of all water based Monkeys and Monkey Aces.||”|
Carrier Flagship is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD6. It deals an extra damage to all bloon types (except Camo, although 5-0-2 crosspath allows popping of Camos), increases overall power of its homing anti-MOAB missiles (every 1.5s, 4 pierce, 30 damage), as well as increasing attack speed of all water-based towers (Monkey Buccaneers, Monkey Subs, Admiral Brickell, water-placed Pat Fusty, or water-placed Sun Temple and its upgrades) and Monkey Aces by ~18%, and in addition, it grants two new small platforms that grant bypassing of Line of Sight limits for monkeys placed on them. The planes will now fire only one rapid stream of darts, although they have increased pierce (+5 per dart, 14 pierce per dart overall), damage (+1 per dart, +3 on top against Ceramics), and will aim at bloons rather than firing forward. All attacks from the Carrier Flagship can pop any non-Camo bloon type.
It costs $21,250 on Easy, $25,000 on Medium, $27,000 on Hard and $30,000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Combining decent overall damage and its unique utilities, Carrier Flagship is an effective Tier 5 upgrade overall compared to its price. Although its planes do not get affected by the Alchemist buffs, its main sources of benefit are more from two specialties: the global attack speed bonuses to water-based towers and Monkey Aces, and its two platforms where land towers can be placed. It can be used with Arctic Wind to "terraform" water for providing expansion of land space to purchase Monkey Villages or other nearby support towers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Avoid placing the Flagship too far upward on the screen, or else there is no room for the towers to placed on.
- Since Carrier Flagships cannot be moved by Support Chinooks, it is important to place the Flagship somewhere other towers don't need to be placed.
- The Carrier Flagship can be quite useful on maps with large amounts of water due to its ability to increase attack speed of all water placed towers. However it not as viable for most Advanced or Expert Maps such as Pat's Pond or #Ouch.
- Snipers can take special advantage of the platforms, as these platforms are entirely unaffected by Line of Sight upon placement on such high ground, and they don't have visible projectiles that may accidentally hit obstacles, which otherwise would destroy the projectiles.
- In CHIMPS, Carrier Flagship sees its highest use in Flooded Valley CHIMPS, especially when paired with Arctic Wind to provide extra space for Monkey Villages and other support.
- The better crosspath for Carrier Flagship is generally not too important, although a few crosspaths will make it considerably better. 5-2-0 has stronger overall DPS because of the fast-attacking grapes from Grape Shot or Hot Shot. 5-0-2 improves the projectile speed of all projectiles including ace planes, as well as gains camo detection.
- When being crosspathed, upgraded to Grape Shot, Hot Shot, Long Range or Crow's Nest, the planes will reset and will appear to come out of the flagship once more. This may be detrimental if the Flagship is a major part of the player's defense.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Carrier Flagship platforms no longer allows any towers placed on them to bypass Line of Sight restrictions. Though they see over obstacles, it does not allow their projectiles to pass over obstacles, meaning they will collide and not deal any damage. This has been recorded to occur in Version 11.0 and Version 14.0. This also occurs on 17.0, although it works in Version 18.0.
- Due to a bug relating to the property that any towers placed on top of the Carrier being able to see over obstacles, any tower placed on top that is then moved off via a Support Chinook is able to see through obstacles even when they are on the ground.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Strangely, on the upgrade icon and insta, there are flags on top of it but in-game, there is only the platforms.
- As with Aircraft Carrier, when looked closely the Carrier Flagship also shoots its original Destroyer attack.
- It also will shoot grapes too if Path 2 upgrades are added, but it's easily noticeable.
- A bug in Version 13.0 made it so if a Version 12.0 save was loaded in 13.0, Carrier Flagship would have 6 planes instead of 3. This allowed a 2 Towers C.H.I.M.P.S. with Blooncineration to be completed. Since it is not possible to play earlier versions of BTD6 after up to a week after release of a new update, this combo is now impossible as of a few days after Version 13.0.
- Before Version 18.0, the old description was "Does extra damage. Can place other Monkeys on the upper decks of the ship, increases attack speed of all water based Monkeys." but has since been changed to mention Monkey Aces. One minor grammatical change was also implemented as well.
- It is possible to win 4-Player Co-Op CHIMPS with 4 Carrier Flagships bought before Round 100, as seen on this Reddit link.
- If the Small Monkey Towers Option or Big Monkey Towers Option is enabled, the extra tower placement is no longer tied to the model. Players will have to search around to find the spots.