|“||Does extra damage. Can place other Monkeys on the upper decks of the ship and increases attack speed of all water based Monkeys and Monkey Aces.||”|
Carrier Flagship is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Monkey Buccaneer in BTD6. It deals an extra damage to all bloon types (except Camo, although 5-0-2 crosspath allows popping of Camos), increases overall power of its homing anti-MOAB missiles (every 1.5s, 4 pierce, 30 damage), as well as increasing attack speed of all water-based towers (Monkey Buccaneers, Monkey Subs, Admiral Brickell, water-placed Pat Fusty, or water-placed Sun Temple and its upgrades) and Monkey Aces by ~18%, and in addition, it grants two new small platforms that grant bypassing of Line of Sight limits for monkeys placed on them. The planes will now fire only one rapid stream of darts, although they have increased pierce (+5 per dart, 14 pierce per dart overall), damage (+1 per dart, +3 on top against Ceramics), and will aim at bloons rather than firing forward. Darts from Carrier Flagship planes can pop Frozen Bloons and Lead Bloons.
It costs $21,250 on Easy, $25,000 on Medium, $27,000 on Hard and $30,000 on Impoppable.
The Carrier Flagship is highly versatile when paired with water-based towers and/or Monkey Aces. Although its planes do not get affected by the Alchemist buffs, its main sources of benefit are more from two specialties: the global attack speed bonuses to water-based towers and Monkey Aces, and its two platforms where land towers can be placed. It can be used with Arctic Wind to "terraform" water for providing expansion of land space to purchase Monkey Villages or other nearby support towers.
For 2TC, Carrier Flagship can solo much of mid-game when paired with another tower. Carrier Flagship + Wizard Lord Phoenix was one of the first combos with Carrier Flagship.
- Avoid placing the Flagship too far upward on the screen, or else there is no room for the towers to placed on.
- Since Carrier Flagships cannot be moved by Support Chinooks, it is important to place the Flagship somewhere other towers don't need to be placed.
- The Carrier Flagship can be quite useful on maps with large amounts of water due to its ability to increase attack speed of all water placed towers. However it not as viable for most Advanced or Expert Maps such as Pat's Pond or #Ouch.
- The best towers to be placed on Carrier Flagship platforms are Snipers, as they are entirely unaffected by Line of Sight upon placement on such high ground, as they don't have visible projectiles that may accidentally hit obstacles, which otherwise would destroy the projectiles.
- For the maps Town Center, Lotus Island, Spillway or Peninsula only the right platform but not the left one is high enough for a sniper to shoot over all obstacles. For the maps Bazaar and High Finance both platforms are high enough.
- Carrier Flagship platforms no longer allows any towers placed on them to bypass Line of Sight restrictions. This has been recorded to occur in Version 11.0 and Version 14.0. This also occurs on 17.0, although it works in Version 18.0.
- Carrier Flagship (5xx) can no longer hold Banana Farm, Monkey Ace, or Heli Pilot.
- Carrier Flagship (5xx) now has doubled lifespan on all of its projectiles.
- Now maintains the attack rate of the Destroyer.
- Carrier Flagship's planes are no longer affected by Alchemist buffs or Overclock. They also no longer gain more than double bonus stats from non-Alchemist sources such as Pat's Rallying Roar.
- [Bug fix] Main attack now pops leads.
- [Bug fix] 502 Carrier Flagship planes no longer lose camo detection upon loading save.
- 5xx Carrier Flagship projectile speed for all plane attacks increased +100%
- 5xx Carrier Flagship darts from planes deal increased ceramic damage +3
- 5xx Carrier Flagship homing MOAB missiles upgraded to Rate 1.5s, Pierce 4, Damage 30
- 5xx Carrier Flagship's 15% attack rate buff expanded to now also benefit Monkey Ace in addition to Water Towers.
- Using towers with a small footprint (Snipers, Dart Monkey, etc.) it is possible to fit up to 4 towers on the platforms in total with pinpoint pixel perfect positioning. [citation needed; may have been fixed]
- Though the Carrier Flagship allows towers placed on platforms to see over obstacles, it does not allow their projectiles to pass over obstacles, meaning they will collide and not deal any damage. This is probably a bug.
- Due to a bug relating to the property that any towers placed on top of the Carrier being able to see over obstacles, any tower placed on top that is then moved off via a Support Chinook is able to see through obstacles even when they are on the ground.
- When being cross-pathed, upgraded to Grape Shot, Hot Shot, Longer Range or Crows Nest, the planes will reset and will appear to come out of the flagship once more. This may be detrimental if the Flagship is a major part of the player's defense.
- As with Aircraft Carrier, when looked closely the Carrier Flagship also shoots its original Destroyer attack.
- It also will shoot grapes too if Path 2 upgrades are added, but it's easily noticeable.
- Ninja Kiwi may have listened to YouTuber Superjombombo's request for towers placed on Carrier Flagship's platform to ignore line of sight, for the reason being the platforms are clearly elevated.
- A bug in Version 13.0 made it so if a Version 12.0 save was loaded in 13.0, Carrier Flagship would have 6 planes instead of 3. This allowed a 2 Towers C.H.I.M.P.S. with Blooncineration to be completed. Since it is not possible to play earlier versions of BTD6 after up to a week after release of a new update, this combo is now impossible as of a few days after Version 13.0.
- Before Version 18.0, the old description was "Does extra damage. Can place other Monkeys on the upper decks of the ship, increases attack speed of all water based Monkeys." but has since been changed to mention Monkey Aces. One minor grammatical change was also implemented as well.
- It is possible to win 4-Player Co-Op CHIMPS with 4 Carrier Flagships bought before Round 100, as seen on this Reddit link.