|“||Regularly sets a carpet of spikes over the whole track.||”|
Carpet of Spikes is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Spike Factory in BTD6. It allows the Spike Factory to automatically shoot out Spike Storms every 20 seconds. The automatic "Carpet of Spikes" will last for a very long time and will continually maintain its ever so deadly spike carpet. In addition, each spike deals +1 damage and +1 MOAB-class damage on top of MOAB SHREDR. It costs $35,700 on Easy, $42,000 on Medium, $45,360 on Hard, and $50,400 on Impoppable.
Carpet of Spikes now send automatic Spike Storms every 20 seconds instead of sending only one Spike Storm immediately per round.
Spikes from the automated Spike Storm are no longer permanent.
Carpet of Spikes price reduced ($50,000 → $42,000)
Carpet of Spikes abilities now deals +1 damage to MOAB-class compared to normal spikes (as intended)
Carpet of Spikes now (correctly) deals +1 damage to MOAB-class, including ability.
Carpet of Spikes deals more damage to MOAB-class (5 --> 6)
- The description used to be "Sets a carpet of spikes over the whole map, every round." but this has changed in Version 4.0 to match its new effect.
- This upgrade is similar to the Spike Storm upgrade in BTD4 and BTD4E
- This was not the case before the 4.0 update
- It is also slower but lasts longer than in BTD4 and BTD4E
- Since the Spike Factory retains its regular Spike Storm ability as well, it essentially combines the BTD4 and BTD5 variants.