|“||Regularly sets a carpet of spikes over the whole track.||”|
Carpet of Spikes is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Spike Factory in BTD6. It allows the Spike Factory to automatically shoot out Spike Storms every 20 seconds. The automatic "Carpet of Spikes" will last for a very long time and will continually maintain its ever so deadly spike carpet. In addition, each spike deals +1 damage on top of the MOAB SHREDR upgrade, in effect dealing 6 damage to MOAB-class instead of 5. It costs $35,700 on Easy, $42,000 on Medium, $45,360 on Hard, and $50,400 on Impoppable.
- Always go for Path 1 instead of Path 3, as the Bigger Spikes upgrade literally doubles the total popping power of Carpet of Spikes. Not only that, but White Hot Spikes can also be bought to pop DDTs. This is far more important than simple range increases from Long Reach or spike direction distribution and the short production boost from Smart Spikes.
- Although Carpet of Spikes deals 2 damage to all bloon types and 6 damage to MOAB-class, it is still generally better off going for more 2/4/0 Spike Storms, as using many more 2/4/0 Spike Storms is usually more efficient against MOAB-class bloons than a single 2/5/0 Carpet of Spikes.
Carpet of Spikes now send automatic Spike Storms every 20 seconds instead of sending only one Spike Storm immediately per round.
Spikes from the automated Spike Storm are no longer permanent.
Carpet of Spikes price reduced ($50,000 → $42,000)
Carpet of Spikes abilities now deals +1 damage to MOAB-class compared to normal spikes (as intended)
Carpet of Spikes now (correctly) deals +1 damage to MOAB-class, including ability.
Carpet of Spikes deals more damage to MOAB-class (5 --> 6)
- The description used to be "Sets a carpet of spikes over the whole map, every round." but this has changed in Version 4.0 to match its new effect.
- This upgrade is similar to the Spike Storm upgrade in BTD4 and BTD4E.
- This was not the case before the 4.0 update.
- It is also slower but lasts longer than in BTD4 and BTD4E.
- Since the Spike Factory retains its regular Spike Storm ability as well, it essentially combines the BTD4 and BTD5 variants.